• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Request all “banding” talk move to Dumb Threads.

No, this is valuable conversation. I'm waiting until we measure the bands based on the photos and then get some photography experts to explain and adjust for camera differences, angles of the shot, etc. We can't rest until that is all done.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What happens when you think you’re being discreet but dive deep into editing pictures of your steak to try and make the marbling/banding/whatever the hell look better.
D7C90FA7-94A1-4179-93E2-B877273AC050.jpeg

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Interesting that minimizing banding was an important concern in this thread until I discussed it. Now it’s stupid and pedantic.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Interesting this thread was full of camaraderie, good feelings, and our general love of steak until recently. Now more than one poster has said they're leaving the thread for some time. What recently happened that could have caused this?

?‍♂️

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting this thread was full of camaraderie, good feelings, and our general love of steak until recently. Now more than one poster has said they're leaving the thread for some time. What recently happened that could have caused this?

?‍♂️

You are like a doomsday prophet who cannot wait for the world to end. You keep on predicting the blowup every 20 pages or so, and will claim clairvoyance the moment your constant moaning kills this threak dead.

You 20 pages ago:

Another thread ruined. :(

I believe your problem with Foo is that he is a lot smarter than you are. You're used to being the smartest guy in the room, which is not surprising given your prior occupation. You tolerate people like BC even though he's smarter than you because he's a mod and in his own correct estimation, "low drag." But when a man endowed with the faculty of genius makes his way on the scene –– driving the conversation, taking the spotlight away from you –– you start bellyaching and moaning. The thing you fail to understand about genius is that even when a man like Foo is wrong, he is not wrong. The errors of a genius, in Joyce's words, are PORTALS OF DISCOVERY111111 Sit back and you might actually learn something.

TL;DR I believe your problem with Foo is that he is a lot smarter than you are.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

?‍♂️

Dude, you’ve been nothing but a dick since I came in here. Show me one negative exchange that I initiated.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Dude, you’ve been nothing but a dick since I came in here. Show me one negative exchange that I initiated.

You initiated exactly the exchange I said you would. "How'd I do? Suggestions?" I predicted you would then explain why all suggestions are incorrect and your method was superior. It's rote.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Foo didn't come in here for advice, he came in here to defend how he cooked that steak and to tell us it's the best possible way to cook a steak. Objectively.

How’d I do? Suggestions? Next time I may aim for ever so slightly rarer.

I don’t understand the point of a reverse sear. Seems to me you just lose precision that way, as you have to guess at the right temperature to get to in the oven before further cooking the steak in the pan. Doing it the traditional way, you end with the desired interior temperature without any additional guesswork needed.

Unfolded exactly as predicted. It's rote.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads