• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Otoro...good call. Here is Keiji Nakazawa serving is at Sushi Sho housed in the Ritz in Honolulu. Single best sushi experience ever. I was the only white guy in the room outside of the white guy them keep in staff to translate for non-Japanese speakers. Me and my wife were the only people not from Japan at the seating.

View attachment 1422666

That looks like the perfect Japanese dining experience to me! I love when they use wooden boxes for storing the fish (as opposed to those clanky stainless steel trays, or even worse, plastic-wrapped fish), when it's served and cut more room temperature versus icy cold (which throws off the mouth feel and juxtaposition with the rice), and the cutting at the time of serving, versus pre-cut into less individualized pieces.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
That was a total omakase so made bite by bite for us in the moment. It's not everyday you have a chef at that level basically almost hand feeding you. Such a very gracious man too and the service was perfect. I can see why folks travel from Japan to experience that setting.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ashamed to say I couldn’t finish this. Out of practice, maybe? Did eat like half a pound of smoked chicken wings as an appetizer.

09A6EBDD-1352-4214-BCCB-839A349AEA79.jpeg

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harsh but fair.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Omega is worse than beta right? It's the equivalent of zero megas. No megas isn't mega.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live my life like a French movie, Steve.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I've been pondering that last steak pic I posted. I think it was the single best piece of steak I've ever made at home. It was ******* so killer. Will try and replicate Friday.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered the SRF outside cut skirt steak,marinated in teriyaki, slapped down on a scorching grill then moved to cooler side as the sugars were quickly burning. One of the best non-steak house cuts I have ever made. Was a 100% Crowd Cow guy, but I have SRF solidly in the rotation. Mixing the SRF Wagyu ground with some local 85% to make really great hamburgers that aren't so rich and *****, but really take a great sear. Slapping one side with Dijon mustard, which is a pro tip I received on how to lock in some more moisture. The Kobe hot dogs are pretty damn good as well. Ramble on.....

Last edited:

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been pondering that last steak pic I posted. I think it was the single best piece of steak I've ever made at home. It was ******* so killer. Will try and replicate Friday.
The Snake River NY Strip? I haven't ordered from them yet, been mostly getting stuff from Crowd Cow but I've been eyeing them.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Currently eating the leftovers of this for breakfast, with horseradish sauce. V. good for hangover. ?

F1B3B5B1-8A42-4C45-89EB-F5F04F1BBF4D.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads