• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Corned beef and cabbage and boiled potatoes, for obvious reasons.

IMG_1205.jpg

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Looks tasty!
Details on the 'corning' process for the beef please?

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Alton Brown's method.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The answer is hell naw.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figure this might be the best place to ask: what do you all recommend for grills? I'm so neophyte I'm going from an old-school weber charcoal grill that I'd wheel around, but now I'm thinking something more substantial, with less of a hassle like natural gas or propane. It's a little overwhelming because I see nice? grills range from $1000 up to $10K in a wink of the eye.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figure this might be the best place to ask: what do you all recommend for grills? I'm so neophyte I'm going from an old-school weber charcoal grill that I'd wheel around, but now I'm thinking something more substantial, with less of a hassle like natural gas or propane. It's a little overwhelming because I see nice? grills range from $1000 up to $10K in a wink of the eye.

It's really going to depend on what you cook the most. A kamado is probably the most versatile all around, but takes more work than pellet or gas/IR. If you're only cooking steak, I would look at a salamander grill.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What would you use it for mostly -- direct heat grill, smoker, indirect roaster?

Either way, this is a good resource.

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ha, great site! thanks! direct heat and maybe roasting. i could envision myself getting into smoking, but it triggers an inherently unhealthy bias in my mind. No idea if that's based on any facts.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Direct heat could be considered unhealthy due to creating carcinogens. Heck, meat is unhealthy in some schools of thought. Moderation is the key.

Crawford

Reaction score
I got a new propane grill last year. Nothing special, but the key element for me was a stainless steel grill. Won't ever get anything with ceramic coated cast iron grills again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads