• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

STEAKS!!!!!!!

Lizard23

Reaction score
Was just about to order that porcelet belly from d’artagnan when i noticed it comes frozen.

Anyone think that is an issue? Im guessing no but wondering if anyone has worked with frozen bellies before... piob?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with frozen meat. TWSS!

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
FWIW, I was looking at the Costco website, and for a mere $450 they will overnight four, 10 oz boneless NY Strips A5 straight from the prefecture that herds the original beasts.

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I was looking at the Costco website, and for a mere $450 they will overnight four, 10 oz boneless NY Strips A5 straight from the prefecture that herds the original beasts.
You can get them for $100 per 10oz on crowdcow, free shipping.

Here

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I wonder how best to cook those? It's 3/4" thick so maybe 90 seconds a side on my IR burner cranked up to Inferno? One steak to share between two people and that would still be satiating beyond belief. That A5 we had last summer at the Vintage Cave Club in Honolulu was rich beyond belief, foie gras level satiation.

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder how best to cook those? It's 3/4" thick so maybe 90 seconds a side on my IR burner cranked up to Inferno? One steak to share between two people and that would still be satiating beyond belief. That A5 we had last summer at the Vintage Cave Club in Honolulu was rich beyond belief, foie gras level satiation.
I was just googling the same thing. Looks like you can sous vide it (although some people swear you can't) with good results. I would do that for 60 minutes at 120ish and sear.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'd be afraid to sous vide it due to rendering. I'm not kidding when I say those slices of A5 we had were near to rendering at room temp. I know I posted the presentation, where we had to sear the slices on our personal hot rock. Talking 15-20 seconds was all it took.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.