• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

STEAKS!!!!!!!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Have you tried that recipe/method I posted yet? You really should if you haven't.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Brisket? I have another brisket coming over this afternoon that I'm also smoking tomorrow. It's a prime.
Go dig up that recipe/method I posted from the Cook Shack brisket forum. It will seriously blow your mind.

As an aside, due to silence in the recipe, people always wonder whether or not to was off the brisket after the 24 hours in the marinade. I do not but I blot it fairly dry with paper towel before putting on the final rub.

Edit: Here. FWIW, I replace the honey in the finishing sauce with molasses.

10 lb. brisket, packer trim

Marinade
½ cup orange juice
½ cup coke
1-½ tbsp. fresh ground black pepper
1-½ tbsp. celery salt
1-½ tbsp. cinnamon
1-½ tbsp. sea salt
1-½ tbsp. garlic pepper
1-½ tbsp. oregano

Place the brisket and marinade in a pan and cover with plastic wrap. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
Remove the brisket from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature.

Rub
1-½ tbsp. celery salt
1 tbsp. chili powder
1-½ tbsp. sea salt
1-½ tbsp. garlic pepper
1-½ tbsp. oregano

While the brisket is coming to room temperature, apply rub. Smoke-cook at 225 degrees F for 12 hours with ½ hickory and ½ oak wood. Turn smoker temperature control to 150 degrees F.

Finishing Sauce Rub
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 c. honey
1/8 c. orange juice
1/8 c. ketchup

Remove the brisket from the smoker and place on a piece of aluminum foil large enough to wrap the brisket. Pour finishing sauce over the brisket. Wrap securely.

Place in smoker for 1 hour at 150 degrees F.

Remove brisket from smoker and open the foil to let steam escape. Let rest for 20 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain of the meat. Baste and serve with accumulated juices.

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go dig up that recipe/method I posted from the Cook Shack brisket forum. It will seriously blow your mind.

As an aside, due to silence in the recipe, people always wonder whether or not to was off the brisket after the 24 hours in the marinade. I do not but I blot it fairly dry with paper towel before putting on the final rub.

Marinade
½ cup orange juice
½ cup coke
1-½ tbsp. celery salt
1-½ tbsp. cinnamon
1-½ tbsp. sea salt
1-½ tbsp. garlic pepper
1-½ tbsp. oregano

Place the brisket and marinade in a pan and cover with plastic wrap. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.

Rub
1-½ tbsp. celery salt
1 tbsp. chili powder
1-½ tbsp. sea salt
1-½ tbsp. garlic pepper
1-½ tbsp. oregano

While the brisket is coming to room temperature, apply rub. Smoke-cook at 225 degrees F for 12 hours with ½ hickory and ½ oak wood. Turn smoker temperature control to 150 degrees F.

Finishing Sauce Rub
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 c. honey
1/8 c. orange juice
1/8 c. ketchup

Remove the brisket from the smoker and place on a piece of aluminum foil large enough to wrap the brisket. Pour finishing sauce over the brisket. Wrap securely.

Remove brisket from smoker and open the foil to let steam escape. Let rest for 20 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain of the meat. Baste and serve with accumulated juices.
Interesting. I just lightly trim (I take off almost no fat from the wagyu brisket, but some from prime) put the rub on 12-24 hours before smoking and go straight from fridge to smoker.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Marinade
½ cup orange juice
½ cup coke
1-½ tbsp. celery salt
1-½ tbsp. cinnamon
1-½ tbsp. sea salt
1-½ tbsp. garlic pepper
1-½ tbsp. oregano

Rub
1-½ tbsp. celery salt
1 tbsp. chili powder
1-½ tbsp. sea salt
1-½ tbsp. garlic pepper
1-½ tbsp. oregano

Finishing Sauce Rub
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 c. honey
1/8 c. orange juice
1/8 c. ketchup

Saved to my Paprika App recipes for later use. 👍🏻

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
We have created our own rub that seems to go on almost anything, I mean from pork butt to cachete, but give this thing a try. There's this thing at the U where for Homecoming they have three or four professional chefs making rounds and they'll give their opinion on your BBQ, no prizes or anything though. I've done it twice with this recipe and each time they all wanted the recipe. The cinnamon in particular was called out both times. Just go get a Costco prime (trim well) and give it a shot if you don't want to use a fancy brisket.

FWIW, I also go straight from fridge to smoker after applying the rub. It would literally take hours for it to come up to room temp sitting on the counter.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.