• We would like welcome Enzo Custom as an official Affiliate Vendor. Specializing in custom tailored clothing, and with seven showrooms throughout the country, they are dedicated to guiding you in person through their many options to produce your perfect fitting suit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

STEAKS!!!!!!!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
We're doing short ribs today but could not be more different. Flanken cut Angus that I've had marinading overnight for a Korean style grill.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Having a few folks over for ribs tonight and will have at least two dinner portions left to freeze for a quick work night meal. Four hours at 225 on the Traeger, two hours in the oven, covered, with finishing sauce.

C8BA1110-794E-496C-ACAF-BB4A7675E81B.jpeg

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He’s a weird dude.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
983A01AB-FA5E-4E99-A583-C50711EBF3C1.jpeg

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, doing some entertaining in the big kitchen this weekend and cooking some steaks on the indoor grill. So far, I think I'm doing some roasted veggies and pommes anna as sides. Any recs for other sides and anyone have any good mushroom/demi/sauce recipes?

Edit: Instead of roasted veggies, I might do some on the grill. Might make some grilled romaine with a cream sauce.

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, doing some entertaining in the big kitchen this weekend and cooking some steaks on the indoor grill. So far, I think I'm doing some roasted veggies and pommes anna as sides. Any recs for other sides and anyone have any good mushroom/demi/sauce recipes?

Edit: Instead of roasted veggies, I might do some on the grill. Might make some grilled romaine with a cream sauce.
Brussels sprouts coated with oil and seasoned (I use Special Shit) and grilled in a grill basket are pretty good. Add some Parmesan cheese right before you pull them off the grill.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I've never made pastrami before but figured I'd give it a try. If I like it I'll grab a couple of corned beefs on sale after Amateur Night is done next weekend.

EDD94E92-9215-4BCF-B6FB-DC689C060107.jpeg
418813CC-0D2B-4C95-9C05-A753E2C2E9E9.jpeg

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And after cooking for like 4 hours, I could only muster about 3/4s of that Ribeye. Just too tired and spent. The steaks were amazing. The fat rendered beautifully (as they looked a little fatty especially on the edges). Delicious meat from a place I only had one prior experience with (and it was only so so). I have to drive past today on the way back home and if they are open I might get one of their cowboy steaks, which the owner said if cooked low and slow will come out like Prime Rib. The marbling on those cuts was amazing.

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like how most people have migrated here leaving mgm as the almost exclusive poster in the other thread.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.