• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

STEAKS!!!!!!!

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I googled "ketchup on steak." There is a reddit thread where a poster is asking why it is wrong to eat steak with ketchup. The top response (first response?, I am not entirely sure how reddit works) is:

Please report to your local health care center for termination. Your birth was a mistake.

The third response from eater.com was also horrifying, but I will not jam up my STEAK thread with that bullshit.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
should probably just merge this thread with the grilling/smoking thread and call it something all inclusively BBQ/Grilling/Smoking

Reactions: Gus

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Made a batch of bratwurst yesterday. Most of it is in the freezer but I plan to simmer a few in beer and then grill just to sample.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Made a batch of bratwurst yesterday. Most of it is in the freezer but I plan to simmer a few in beer and then grill just to sample.
how long does it keep if frozen?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can I vent that steak tips are a fuckingbhorrible affliction present on this planet.

Do you mean little tips of steaks that are served that way? I've never seen that except a local BBQ place that serves "Burnt Ends" that are just chunks of the end cuts in sauce that aren't really burnt. They are quite tasty, easier and much neater to eat than most BBQ.

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you mean little tips of steaks that are served that way? I've never seen that except a local BBQ place that serves "Burnt Ends" that are just chunks of the end cuts in sauce that aren't really burnt. They are quite tasty, easier and much neater to eat than most BBQ.
Beef burnt ends are typically made from the point of the brisket. I have also made burnt ends from tri-tip. I believe steak tips are typically made from a ribeye or filet (I could be wrong). I can't recall ever seeing burnt ends made from those cuts.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I think if one sees "steak tips" on the menu it should be read as "stew meat" and figure you're going to get a side of ranch dressing no matter what one orders.

What was the name of the crazy woman in love with ranch? She was all over the Internet and even posted here. Sparks1 maybe?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.