• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

STEAKS!!!!!!!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Didn't take any pics of the finished product but damn it was good. The bark on the butt added insane flavour to the tacos. Here's the final pic I took about four hours into the cook. I had just "boated" the beef cheeks with a can of beer. They were wrapped in foil for the final two hours. Took the butt off at 190 as it was time to eat. Hit a plateau at 158 that lasted easily an hour. I hate the plateau.

868E29BB-8584-4484-AF06-F81F69616B29.jpeg

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pork loin is one of the most unforgiving things for me to cook. It demands a good thermometer.

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pork loin is one of the most unforgiving things for me to cook. It demands a good thermometer.
I use the ThermoPro TP20, and it works great. I also have an instant temp handheld that I use to verify.

If you wrap the loin in bacon, you can cook it to around 152-155 without drying it out. I usually pull it off around 146, but a lot of online recipes say don't cook it past 144.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm actually pretty meh over pork loin if it's commercially produced. They always seem to lack any marbling and also are low in the flavour department. Tender as hell if handled right though.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This may get me permanently excommunicated from this thread, but I eat steak like it's my job and have become so lazy that I don't even bother to reverse sear anymore. Fat, seasoned ribeyes just go in the oven at 450 convection on a rack over a cookie sheet until the ThermoWorks registers 145 degrees (there's a bit of smoke), slice up and add blue cheese or sriracha (not both) and inhale. Throw the foil away, soak the rack in the sink. Done.

IMG_2757.jpg

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This may get me permanently excommunicated from this thread, but I eat steak like it's my job and have become so lazy that I don't even bother to reverse sear anymore. Fat, seasoned ribeyes just go in the oven at 450 convection on a rack over a cookie sheet until the ThermoWorks registers 145 degrees (there's a bit of smoke), slice up and add blue cheese or sriracha (not both) and inhale. Throw the foil away, soak the rack in the sink. Done.

View attachment 1104594
I can't legally ban you (it is in the Constitution) but if I could I would.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would just like it minuted that I grill plenty of steaks over fire too but it's been raining here for the last two weeks and fuck you I'll eat my meat any way I choose etc. As a recovering Brit, brown sauce only goes on bacon sandwiches.

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would just like it minuted that I grill plenty of steaks over fire too but it's been raining here for the last two weeks and fuck you I'll eat my meat any way I choose etc. As a recovering Brit, brown sauce only goes on bacon sandwiches.
And we'll make fun of your for it.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.