• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

STEAKS!!!!!!!

te0o

Reaction score
Something a bit different. A Northern Irish Shorthorn t-bone.

I typically don't like doing t-bones, they're too difficult to cook evenly given the fillet is so small compared to the sirloin (strip for you lot in the US). Plus, when cooking, the bone sticks out and prevents the meat from getting a good sear. But the missus has been nagging on me to get her a fillet for a few months now (which is not a cut I enjoy), and I thought this was a good way to kill two birds with one stone.

Anyway, here's the result - nothing too sexy here to see but still not bad.

IMG_7038.JPEG

IMG_7052.jpeg

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Something a bit different. A Northern Irish Shorthorn t-bone.

I typically don't like doing t-bones, they're too difficult to cook evenly given the fillet is so small compared to the sirloin (strip for you lot in the US). Plus, when cooking, the bone sticks out and prevents the meat from getting a good sear. But the missus has been nagging on me to get her a fillet for a few months now (which is not a cut I enjoy), and I thought this was a good way to kill two birds with one stone.

Anyway, here's the result - nothing too sexy here to see but still not bad.

View attachment 1687318
View attachment 1687321
That's why you get a porterhouse, bigger fillet.

te0o

Reaction score
This beast of a steak was on sale at my local butcher's today:

IMG_7219.JPEG

I couldn't help but take a picture. At £100/kg it was a bit too much for my weekly steak indulgence, but oh my just look at it. The marbling, the 4 months' worth of aging, the size of the bloody thing.

Shame they're refusing to remove the outer cap - at this size it's too big for any pan I can put it in.

Instead, I got a more modest Finnish Simmental at half the price. Still very attractive, I'll show that off tomorrow. I have a nasty feeling of regret though - I hate settling for second best.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm actually more impressed with the Finnish Simmental rib-eye.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Imperial is the best, just ask Liberia and Myanmar. Do not ask any other country on earth.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What oil would you use for this?
Vegetable is my preferred oil for frying. I've used peanut as well with good results. For the most part I only fry chicken piccata, but have been experimenting with frying BBQ items recently.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.