• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I have purchased far more than the required 11 steaks from this purveyor...but I don't think anyone at Costco cares. :(

Dat marbling...

20210918_081318.jpg

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did this for the Ohio State game last night. Dry salted it for 36 hours and then grilled it over charcoal with a hint of cherry wood smoke.
RZhdGf.md.jpg

RtxIKx.md.jpg

RtxoMb.md.jpg

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best beef in the world. I've eaten at a steakhouse just North of Bayona a couple of times that blows away anything I've had in London, NYC, Chicago, Mendoza or Buenos Aires.
I'm exceptionally privileged to have regular access to it. Great flavour, great tenderness and texture. Bang for the buck, it puts a variety of wagyus to shame, really.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something different tonight, I couldn't resist buying when I saw it.

A Finnish Simmental strip, aged for a whopping 4 months. No reverse sear here, straight on the pan for 3 minutes in total. (during which time it set off the smoke alarms twice. ? )

IMG_6821.JPEG

IMG_6826.JPEG

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot to get proper before and after pictures tonight since we were entertaining. Starting to dial in a half assed version of reverse sear on the Kamado. The Jealous Devil charcoal I’ve been using is really great for being able to dial in the temp. Went from about 375 tonight to 650° in all of 30 seconds when I opened all the vents for a final sear.
B39E8C79-B5E7-40C7-B2E0-AEDFC50FFA8D.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Have you tried the Signals/Billows combo yet on the KJ? It's pretty ******* awesome.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t. I just mess around with my vents and chimney - Contemplated adding but trying to convince my bride to let me add a dedicated smoker so I’ve been cautious about adding new gadgets while I fight that battle since I assumed I’d mainly use it for low and slow. Handy for roasting as well?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Very handy for roasting, long smokes, etc. Let's you dial in temps and maintain them fairly tightly and conserve fuel for a long smoke. You also have the four temp zone thermometer for all your other cooks.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. Good to know. If I fail at convincing her to let me get a dedicated smoker I’ll have to add it in.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a fairly simple British-bred Aberdeen Angus this week. Not something I usually go for, but it looked good marbling and age-wise so thought I'd give it a shot. Good result for the price point.

IMG_6904.jpeg

IMG_6909.jpeg

IMG_6913.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads