• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

STEAKS!!!!!!!

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What does freezing do beef of that quality? I tend to shy away from frozen proteins but imagine in this case all the fat makes it less of an issue.

also imagine real deal stuff from japan is always frozen before it makes its way here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Jmr928

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What does freezing do beef of that quality? I tend to shy away from frozen proteins but imagine in this case all the fat makes it less of an issue.

also imagine real deal stuff from japan is always frozen before it makes its way here.
I’ve had fine luck with freezing mine when I don’t go local and do a huge order to save on the absurd overnight shipping costs. I always pull them out of the freezer and let them thaw in the refrigerator. Much better luck than say throwing it on the counter or in the sink.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah the instructions are to slow thaw in the fridge for a few days. If you vacuum pack the individual steaks they keep just about forever in the freezer.

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every time I consider ordering a Japanese Wagyu steak for a special occasion I think it's going to be the one time I f*ck up my cook. :embar:
Yeah the instructions are to slow thaw in the fridge for a few days. If you vacuum pack the individual steaks they keep just about forever in the freezer.
Whaddya use to vac pack?

Also, was going to poast the Joe Biden meat ban story in here as troll, but Google apparently has banned from its engine and only allows the corrections to show up. Too lazy to use an alternate engine.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Frozen proteins are everywhere. From fish to beef.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing the same thing with a friend, but I am somewhat afraid of defrosting, cutting it up and then freezing it again. Are you cutting it frozen or defrosting first?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.