STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.
Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.
Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!
1. Preheated the skillet 10 minutes prior. Added ghee right before I dropped the steak in;Sounds perfect but let me pick at two things:
1) Did you put it in a dry pan or was the ghee already there?
2) Did you baste?
1. Preheated the skillet 10 minutes prior. Added ghee right before I dropped the steak in;
3. I semi-burnt the frozen french fries
4. I am in no way shape or form a good cook
You can also rub the heated pan with the fatty side of the steak rather than using oil. Don’t use ghee only though, you need the solids in butter to really add flavor when basting your steak prior to serving.So let me give you this advice. Preheat that skillet. Dribble a bit of a very high flash point oil like grape seed or peanut. Smear the pan with it using a paper towel. When the pan is at temp drop the steak in. Sear for 30-60 seconds and flip.