• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

STEAKS!!!!!!!

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Looks tasty!
Details on the 'corning' process for the beef please?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I figure this might be the best place to ask: what do you all recommend for grills? I'm so neophyte I'm going from an old-school weber charcoal grill that I'd wheel around, but now I'm thinking something more substantial, with less of a hassle like natural gas or propane. It's a little overwhelming because I see nice? grills range from $1000 up to $10K in a wink of the eye.

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I figure this might be the best place to ask: what do you all recommend for grills? I'm so neophyte I'm going from an old-school weber charcoal grill that I'd wheel around, but now I'm thinking something more substantial, with less of a hassle like natural gas or propane. It's a little overwhelming because I see nice? grills range from $1000 up to $10K in a wink of the eye.
It's really going to depend on what you cook the most. A kamado is probably the most versatile all around, but takes more work than pellet or gas/IR. If you're only cooking steak, I would look at a salamander grill.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What would you use it for mostly -- direct heat grill, smoker, indirect roaster?

Either way, this is a good resource.

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ha, great site! thanks! direct heat and maybe roasting. i could envision myself getting into smoking, but it triggers an inherently unhealthy bias in my mind. No idea if that's based on any facts.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Direct heat could be considered unhealthy due to creating carcinogens. Heck, meat is unhealthy in some schools of thought. Moderation is the key.

Crawford

Reaction score
I got a new propane grill last year. Nothing special, but the key element for me was a stainless steel grill. Won't ever get anything with ceramic coated cast iron grills again.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.