• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 2: MTM Shirts courtesy of Drinkwaters

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 1st auction of the year is for a Goodies from No Man Walks Alone. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Steaks onLine

GoJets

Reaction score
I am tired of buying bad steaks at the grocery store.
Has any one ever tried Omaha Steaks, KC Steaks or AllenBrothers Steaks?
Or do you have any suggestions?

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Omaha is a joke. KC are supposedly better, but I have not tried. Allen Brothers is great, but expensive.

Bryan's in Marin is great, but I have bought in the store, not online. However, I just may one day.

Cavalier

Reaction score
Allen Brothers is okay, but Lobel's is much better.

The rest are crap

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the current issue of Saveur has a piece on filet mignon which includes some recommendations if you want to buy online.

THere is always Lobel's on the UES who ship. http://www.lobels.com/

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Omaha Steaks = fail
KC Steaks = do not know them
Allen Brothers= supposed to be good, but very pricey.

Brian Flannery is SF now has an online store, stuff is supposed to be as good as anyone's.

A steak gourmand once told me that one of the best values in steaks is the Costco "Prime" stuff that they have on their site and in some stores. I know it sounds like a joke but this guy really knows his stuff.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lobels is supposed to be awesome but will cost you an insane amount of money for steak that you have to cook yourself.

Astan

Reaction score
how exactly would you check the marbling if you buy online. theres so much you would lose out on. its not like clothes its something you really need to view in person to evaluated whether you should buy it or not. go to a specialty butcher they will have some great choices i think you'd be surprised.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get together with a few friends, find a farmer, buy a cow from him, pay him to butcher it, and buy a second deep-freeze. Meat for two years, ultra-cheap.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoJets
I am tired of buying bad steaks at the grocery store.
Has any one ever tried Omaha Steaks, KC Steaks or AllenBrothers Steaks?
Or do you have any suggestions?

The best you can do is Lobel's in New York. You can order online from them, and frankly their product is pretty hard to beat.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread bums me out...I just ordered from Omaha. Whats bad about it?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike
This thread bums me out...I just ordered from Omaha. Whats bad about it?

Have you gotten the order yet?

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, they just sent it out. I guess you get what you pay for - it was pretty damn cheap compared to the grocery store.

atomicranch

Reaction score
I suggest trying grass-fed. After eating it for the past couple of years, I find corn-fed beef flavorless and, frankly, a little disgusting. Plus, grass-fed is so much healthier for you. Here's a couple I've used: Lasater http://www.lasatergrasslandsbeef.com/ Lacense http://www.lacensebeef.com/ Or, as unjung suggests, buy a cow. It isn't hard to find a farm that offers grass-fed that will sell you one.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 128 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 234 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 115 15.7%
  • 31 - 40