1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

State of Metal

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by T4phage, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Roy

Roy Senior member

I'm not familiar with him, any recommendations?

2. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

3. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

So Koji, when are you having a joint concert with an axe player? Trading riffs for riffs would be amazing.... [​IMG]

4. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

I dunno...those guys have REALLY fast fingers. [​IMG] koji

5. mnemonic

mnemonic Senior member

mastodon are really good. ISIS are really good. metal is bad for the most part, as it always has been.

6. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

(T4phage @ April 10 2005,10:50) So Koji, when are you having a joint concert with an axe player? Â Trading riffs for riffs would be amazing.... Â [​IMG]
    I dunno...those guys have REALLY fast fingers. [​IMG] koji
    Oh, but from what I have heard from you, you too have pretty quick fingers. [​IMG]

7. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

I get 'em to move when they need to, I suppose. Here's a little video of me screwing around on my friend's very nice Steinway D: http://e60m5.ath.cx/koji.wmv koji

8. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

RIGHTEOUS.. btw. nice shirt.

9. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Senior member

I've been little if any use in the clothing fora, but I can hit you off with some metal that will...sound different from all the other metal listed above.

Allow me to recommend Pelican, Mare, Mouth of the Architect, Arsis, Candiria (anything up to and including the album 300% Density), Kayo Dot, Dead Blue Sky, Rune, Pig Destroyer, Between the Buried and Me, Into the Moat, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Rwake, Sleep, Khanate...

10. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Thanks to one and all for your suggestions.

11. mnemonic

mnemonic Senior member

pelican. good.

if were going to get into grind metal territory, its another story entirely. pig destroyer are awesome. discordance axis are rad. the locust are one of my all time favourites.

johnny.

12. marc37

marc37 Senior member

l love my metal. Especially death metal. l love Napalm Death's recent (last 2 years) c.d releases (my avator comes from N.D's "order of the leach" album). l also love Cannibal Coarpse. lt's funny how people from the Neverlands tend to like death metal bands much better than in many other parts of the world. l also like maths metal. i.e skinlab. l love cookie monster vocals. Vocals by rough and tough guys. l love extreme metal. Deicide is gr8 m8. 1980's metal was the best though. Matser of puppets is a blow away. l also like Killwitch Engage - really heavy shit. Gr8 mosh pit band. l've dived into the crowd many times in my R.M.Williams boots, leather pants and a death metal tea-shirt. l used to do this alot. Before my health days, l would get pissed and high on chrystal - meth/pot and go to death metal concerts.