1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Starting lose weight starts today!!

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by British-Lad, Jul 7, 2011.

1. British-Lad

British-Lad New Member

I really need to lose weight. Im 6ft2 and weigh rougly 14 stone. I dont feel good in myself so need to lose weight.

I am about to join David Lloyd gym but still need some pointers. I think my food diet is abit crap so need to drastically change that.

Whats good to lose weight, how much do i eat/excersise.

Thanks

2. willpower

willpower Senior member

Don't worry about it, you look fine.

/thread

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

Thats not that big, assuming its not all fat. Im 12.5 and 6'2". Eat less then your caloric maintenance and you'll lose weight, doing exercise will increase your caloric maintenance.

4. The Upright Man

The Upright Man Senior member

Resistance training + high protein/low carb diet.

Exercising ~3 times a week is fine. Just hit it hard when you're at the gym and change your diet and you'll see results quickly.

Good luck mate.

5. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

paleo diet and no gluten.

There are a million threads about this already. This subforum is by far the most tolerant of special flower threads.

6. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Is there moderation in H&B, I think no one ever ventures here.

e. 2k, nice going

7. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Measuring weight in "stone" is one of the weirdest archaic units of measurement still in use out there today. Crazy Brits.

Maybe this is a sign that I need to rememorize my times tables...don't think I ever bothered to learn 14.

8. Eastern Shoreman

Eastern Shoreman Member

Weight loss is fundamentally simple. The amount of calories you intake must be less than what you use.