• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Starting an NBA team

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imagine that you are the general manager of an NBA expansion team.  David Stern tells you that you can build your team by selecting any current NBA player.  Who do you pick and why?

I would pick LeBron James -- he's young, he's 6'8", he handles the ball, and he makes his teammates better.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree - LBJ. And, on that list, I'd take Amare second. TD next. Kobe. Then Yao? Speed and a big front court. Welcome back, Showtime.

Eric

Reaction score
Baron Davis, Kobe, Garnett, Stoudamire, Duncan.

That is a starting five.

Eric

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you mean you would be drafting these current players as if they were coming out of college? If so, it is Shaq. I don't even like him, but you don't pass on seven foot unstoppable forces ever. If you're talking building around a player as they are right now, then probably duncan or lebron.

All time, Magic or Bird. No question.

yanks2182

Reaction score
I'd have to go with LBJ. Always great to have a player that makes everyone around him better.

dumadiscount

Reaction score
Lebron no doubt. Amare is in the same age bracket, but he seems susceptible should he have any serious type of leg/ankle injury. I mean he's a monster but like 90% of his points are from nasty dunks? If he develops his mid range game more than I guess he could compete with lebron. How about these two as a tandem
biggrin.gif

Cliff

Reaction score
Starting an NBA team, Who do you choose?

A tailor who's competent with five button suits.

Paulo

Reaction score
Hey, I chose "Others" because I think Manu Ginobili is now the Best NBA player in NBA. If you see how he played during the last championship. He was way ahead in skills and makes his Team moved and play Great. ... just my two cents worth...

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lebron for sure, all time Shaq or Jordan. Whatever team Shaq plays for becomes a contender and he's not even healthy.

Eric

Reaction score
Lebron for sure, all time Shaq or Jordan. Whatever team Shaq plays for becomes a contender and he's not even healthy.
Shaq has always had alot of help: Penny, Kobe, Wade. Hes great, but he can't carry a team by himself.

Jordan made others around him great, Pippen would have gone nowhere without Jordan pushing him and taking most of the attention off him at the offensive end.

Eric

Eric

Reaction score
Hey, I chose "Others" because I think Manu Ginobili is now the Best NBA player in NBA. If you see how he played during the last championship. He was way ahead in skills and makes his Team moved and play Great. ... just my two cents worth...
I really shouldn't even dignify this with a response. Manu is good, but he definetly does not belong in a category with the rest of the players mentioned. What makes me dislike Manu so much is the calls he gets. I don't think he has done enough in the NBA yet to garner the calls he gets. Hes aggressive yes, but half the calls he gets no one else in the NBA would even complain about not getting. Give the fans what they want I guess
sarcasm.gif
Eric

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eric: The year after MJ left the Bulls, they almost won the East. So, I'd say Pippen did quite well w/o him. Certainly not "nowhere" as you claim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads