• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stark Eyeglasses (pics)

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are interesting:

v2y1bb.jpg

v2y98j.jpg

Any other glasses you really like with pics?

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alain Mikli

v2yd1d.jpg

timekeeping

Reaction score
A point to note is that the Starck glasses has a special joint, much like a ball and socket joint in one's hip. It flexes very easily and makes the glasses uniquely comfortable. Of course, the styling is understated and goes well with almost any face shape.

However, the joint is quite prone to breakage. I have broken at least 2 pairs of them in the last 3 years of normal wear.

And oStelios is right, they are somewhat overpriced for what they are but I am yet to find a good alternative to them.

Hanseat

Reaction score
Best frames on the market are Silhouette's for me. I have one of them: lightest frames in the world (NASA uses them for their astronauts), practically impossible to break as they have no joints and are made of a special titanium-alloy, rimless so you can have any shape of glasses you want, you can have them in a ton of colors (I have a very dark brown with a pearl stripe in the middle) and they are available in sizes so you get a perfect fit. They're all made in Austria. Silhouette also developed a special plastic called SPX, which you can bend in and direction as well and is available in practically any colors. They have some other models, but the one I'm wearing is the classic version.
img0179edited8jn.jpg
Plus what I'd recommend with any new glasses is a special coating that is modelled after the leaf of a Lotus. You might know these nano particles from your sink, where no dirt sticks anymore. Almost the same thing with these glasses (I have Rodenstock Perfalit), if it rains, you can see well almost immediately again as it just runs down, if you get dirt on them you can swipe it off with one stoke and without any smear on your glasses. Great stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads