1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Starching Soft Jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ruben, Nov 18, 2006.

1. ruben

ruben Senior member

I have a favorite old pair of jeans that I've almost given up ever wearing because they'd become too soft over time (they're from the days when I used to wash jeans after every wear).
    They're not the greatest brand (poor quality denim), but I love the fit and I've worn them to a nice color/distressing.

If I washed them in hot water (they've stretched over time), and gave them a good starching would they move closer to their original jean-like texture/feel?
    Am I risking anything by starching them or washing them hot?
    Can I achive my expected results?

2. theshonen8899

theshonen8899 Senior member

I don't think washing hot gives you much shrinkage, if they've streched then just toss them in the dryer for half an hour. I don't see why you would hate softeness but if you really hate it then wash them and hang dry them outside for a day.

Starch kills fabric and ozone.

3. ruben

ruben Senior member

It's a different softness than a even a worn pair of levis.
    More like a "I washed these cheap holister jeans so much they're about to fall apart" thing.

Thanks for the reply.