1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Starching Soft Jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ruben, Nov 18, 2006.

1. ruben

ruben Distinguished Member

I have a favorite old pair of jeans that I've almost given up ever wearing because they'd become too soft over time (they're from the days when I used to wash jeans after every wear).
    They're not the greatest brand (poor quality denim), but I love the fit and I've worn them to a nice color/distressing.

If I washed them in hot water (they've stretched over time), and gave them a good starching would they move closer to their original jean-like texture/feel?
    Am I risking anything by starching them or washing them hot?
    Can I achive my expected results?

2. theshonen8899

theshonen8899 Senior Member

I don't think washing hot gives you much shrinkage, if they've streched then just toss them in the dryer for half an hour. I don't see why you would hate softeness but if you really hate it then wash them and hang dry them outside for a day.

Starch kills fabric and ozone.

3. ruben

ruben Distinguished Member

It's a different softness than a even a worn pair of levis.
    More like a "I washed these cheap holister jeans so much they're about to fall apart" thing.

Thanks for the reply.