Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Starbucks Giveth, Starbucks Taketh Away...

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Quirk, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Quirk

Quirk Senior member

What do you think of this? Bad planning on Starbucks' part? Or did employees abuse the original intent of the promotion?

2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

What do you think of this? Bad planning on Starbucks' part? Or did employees abuse the original intent of the promotion?
    I'd say both. Hasn't anybody in Starbucks management seen the frenzy that ensues when an SF member gets a CT or Polo discount code?

3. Quirk

Quirk Senior member

I'd say both. Hasn't anybody in Starbucks management seen the frenzy that ensues when an SF member gets a CT or Polo discount code?

The coupons should have read "Bearer must provide notarized proof that he/she is no more than two (2) degrees of separation from a current full-time Starbucks employee."

4. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Makes me think of STP's crackdown on discount codes/shipping riddles. You'd think companies would learn their lesson -- don't be messin' with the Internet.

5. colin_

colin_ Senior member

Eh. For some reason Starbucks coffee makes me ill..

6. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

Makes me think of STP's crackdown on discount codes/shipping riddles. You'd think companies would learn their lesson -- don't be messin' with the Internet.

That's the thing. The internet and email are great for a lot of things, and many companies have used them to do some pretty innovative stuff. However, an offer like this, when distributed online, is always going to get abused. Starbucks should have handed out the old tried and true paper coupons (say ten per employee or something like that). Would have avoided all of this.

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Starbucks has proved dismal the two times I've been there.

8. stach

stach Senior member

I've always thought their coffee was bad.

9. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

I love Starbucks coffee.

I had the coupon forwarded it to me and it was so obviously a hoax that I went in to Starbucks and asked them about it. They actually offered to honor it, but I told them I didn't want them to if it wasn't for real.