• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Star Trek Sequel

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK fans, what do you think about the upcoming ST sequel? They are about to begin the script, and rumor has it Khan will be back.

Apparently they are thinking of casting this guy from No Country for Old Men, and even though he has the look, I'm concerned about the fact that they are bringing Khan back period. I'd rather see new villains.

Thoughts???

6a00e553bc52568834010536a5fdcb970c-800wi

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As far as I've heard the Khan thing is nothing but speculation and mostly fan speculation at that. Personally I'd prefer no khan and would rather see something original.

Here is an interview with the writers: http://trekmovie.com/2009/07/04/more...-for-new-khan/

With the suggestion of Bardem coming from the interviewer and them basically agreeing it would be cool.

Much like Batman, anything said before a script is even written is just rumor and speculation.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
As far as I've heard the Khan thing is nothing but speculation and mostly fan speculation at that. Personally I'd prefer no khan and would rather see something original.

Same here, but the writers are giving it serious consideration.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The only villain (?) I evern wanted to see back was Q, considering all the possible trouble they could get into when he's involved. However, considering John De Lance's age, that ship has sailed. They squandered a wonderful oppourtunity.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For the most part I agree about not bringing in old villains, with one exception. I want to see Spock's emotional brother from ST5. I think bringing him back in as a younger version completely wacked out over the destruction of Vulcan would be awesome. But that's just me.

Q would be cool too, but that's more of a TNG thing. I don't know how I feel about crossing over there, since I don't think he was first discovered anyway until the TNG era.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They should make it a cable series.

They wont be doing original scripts because there are too many good fan written what if and spin offs available. I think one of the biggest is that parallel world where they're the empire.

I think what they've been trying to recapture for 40 years is the the character interaction and damn the story. All the other Star treks have been awful, deep space brine, The motion sickness, The pew generation.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Deep space 9 was awesome. Blacks in space! Sisko was a baller.

inq89

Reaction score
+1 on tv series. But I like the direction that the new trek movie is going. Hopefully the second will be just as or better than the first.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
DS9 was a travesty

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by inq89
+1 on tv series. But I like the direction that the new trek movie is going. Hopefully the second will be just as or better than the first.
if they could film 30 of them now and then insert the special effects . Isnt the point of Star Trek to get lots of adventure, not one every two years? That's why they did TV series again because the movies wasn't answering the need of Trekkies.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
OK fans, what do you think about the upcoming ST sequel? They are about to begin the script, and rumor has it Khan will be back.

Apparently they are thinking of casting this guy from No Country for Old Men, and even though he has the look, I'm concerned about the fact that they are bringing Khan back period. I'd rather see new villains.

Thoughts???

6a00e553bc52568834010536a5fdcb970c-800wi

Moo is an actor?

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Q would be cool too, but that's more of a TNG thing. I don't know how I feel about crossing over there, since I don't think he was first discovered anyway until the TNG era.

I wasn't really thinking in terms of the new movies, but rather simply lamenting that they never used Q in the TNG movies. (On TV, he did cross over to Voyager now and again.) However, the Trek people have never been shy about ******* with continuity, so if they really saw a good opening for Q, I'm sure they'd use him despite the fact that -- you're right -- humanity didn't come into contact with him until the first season (?) of TNG.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the most part I agree about not bringing in old villains, with one exception. I want to see Spock's emotional brother from ST5. I think bringing him back in as a younger version completely wacked out over the destruction of Vulcan would be awesome. But that's just me.

God I loved that guy. "You're pain runs deep, share it with me."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads