• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Star Trek into Darkness (2013)

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Official clip from the film. Nothing that spoilery as it's from the first 9 mins that was shown before The Hobbit.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's with the awful costumes? Did they have those in the last movie? I don't remember.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Another official clip.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Getting a major Star Wars vibe with this scene and the sound effects. :stirpot:

Last edited:

JilSlander

Reaction score
Read spoilers from the Sydney premiere.

A bit let down with what I read, especially regarding John Harrison.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Another official clip.
Getting a major Star Wars vibe with this scene and the sound effects. :stirpot:

Agreed. Looks too CGI-plasticy too.

Why don't they just take the Original 1960's series and CGI behind the acting. That would be magnificent.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
CGI looks great. I have no issue with the visual FX from the clips and trailers.

Last edited:

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I watched this last night. One question: what is it about starship design that causes so many explosions directly on the bridge? You'd think they would protect their command center a little better.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I watched this last night. One question: what is it about starship design that causes so many explosions directly on the bridge? You'd think they would protect their command center a little better.

It is done purely for dramatic purposes. Who cares if some other part of the ship is exploding with flames and sparks everywhere?! The characters you care about are on the bridge, so you want to focus on them and the danger they are in.

Last edited:

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The bridge is on top of the saucer. If you didn't notice, the Enterprise was shooting directly at Khan's bridge every time they got the chance. In that movie -- and only that movie -- the explosions on the bridge actually make sense. The subsequent shows are a different story.

Last edited:

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Google reveals this screenshot:

^^ The bridge is the dome directly to the left of the impact. That's why the ceiling collapsed when it was hit.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought Nil was referring more generically to "whenever the Enterprise is attacked things on the bridge go "POOF" and people in red shirts go flying"...

ala:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads