• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Staple White FC Shirt?

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Looking for the "best" staple white FC dress shirt. I bought the standard Brooks Brothers 14.5/32 Slim Fit shirt and the shirt seemed to be of a thinner material then there other standard Slim Fit shirts. Also maybe because I'm skinny, the cuffs seemed to be HUGE on me and engulfed my wrist. Being that I have not really worn FC shirts before, is that how they should fit (will take a pic tonight and post it).

Any opinions on a good quality under $150? FC Slim 18-20" (pit-pit) dress shirt? Thanks!

Also, whats the thoughts on a spared collar vs point collar?

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dependent on your stage of bolemia I would go with a Polo Regent in the custom fit if you can find one. I just got another for ~$40 and it is awesome sauce.

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like the cuff of the BB shirt is too big for your wrist. The cuff of a french cuff or button cuff shirt should be tight enough such that it does not slide over your wrist. If this is not the case your wrist is too thin for the standard cuffsize of an RTW shirt and you should consider MTM/bespoke.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try www.tmlewin.co.uk. The slim fit should work for you. I typically size down 1/2" on the collar.

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brianpore
Thanks for the quick responses, is the cuff something a tailor can "fix"? Need to get one for a wedding (as I just got awesome cufflinks) the last weekend in June so MTM might be out of the question by then.

I can't see how this can be fixed since it would require moving the holes for the cufflinks or replacing the cuff (the latter might be possible if you had the correct shirt fabric, which is of course not likely)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads