1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Stanley Korshak Sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Baron, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Baron

Baron Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I'm in Dallas for business (I'm here almost every month) and I stopped by Stanley Korshak to check out the sale merchandise. Everything is 65% off. I ended up buying a Brioni dress shirt in a blue/yellow/rust fine plaid partern, and a thick burgandy cashmere sweater. I believe the brand is FAL (?) - had never heard of the brand before but the sweater was very nice. I also
    got a few pairs of socks.

I was tempted by a few other things. There was a Columbo cashmere sweater I almost grabbed, but too expensive. Lobb (London) oxblood monks in the style of EG Stowes, and Lobb grey-brown cap toes, both in size 10 (there were also 2 pairs of the monks in 10.5) The monks were around $440, and the captoes $380. Both fit me, but I didn't love them enough about them to buy.They have a lot of shoes in 10.5 to 12. Lobb, Suitor Mantellasi, Gravati, Borgioli. I don't remember all the shoes, but
    there are about 30-40 pairs left.

Suits and jackets - slim pickin's. I'm a 40r, and there was just one suit - Belvest grey nailhead, 2 button, double vent. Nice, but at $1400, I'd rather visit Ian (Worlds Finest on ebay) at his wearhouse when I'm back home and pick through his selection of
    Borrelli's and Attolini's There were only 4 jackets, and none caught my fancy.

There are tons of shirts (Kiton, Borrelli, Brioni, Lorenzi, etc), pants and sweaters still available in all sizes. Well worth a visit if you're nearby. Especially in larger sizes for suits and jackets - lots of Kiton, Belvest, Brioni, Isaia.

Rob

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

A sportswear company specializing in stylish activewear (track jackets, sweatpants and shirts, tees) in interesting brushed cottons and stretch/techno fabrics. Good fits, (i.e. not good for fat asses to hide under.) Designer is Jeffrey Grubb.

3. Duveen

Duveen Senior Member

I believe that FAL stands for "Fashion Active Lab". And LA Guy is right on the fit - it is not super-slim, but not generous. Order true to size if you want a fitted look.