• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Standard & Strange: Boots, Leather, & Denim - Official Affiliate Thread

schuermang

Reaction score
Can anyone speak to the fit and feel of the Blluemade gardening suit jacket? I remember loving the initial run and slept on it. What temps is it most suitable for? And can you mix and match the colors? My sizes are sold out to complete the full kit.

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can anyone speak to the fit and feel of the Blluemade gardening suit jacket? I remember loving the initial run and slept on it. What temps is it most suitable for? And can you mix and match the colors? My sizes are sold out to complete the full kit.

Got you in the DMs :)

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Howdy Everyone! Got a few things to announce this Wednesday morning, and I'll start with my favorite:

S&S x Blluemade x W'menswear
Brushstroke Camo Garden Suits

Pre-Orders Close March 21st
Expected Delivery in June/July 2022

blluemade - GARDEN GANG ULTIMATE FORM-Onbody-8.jpg
We're now taking pre-orders for the latest and greatest edition of the Garden Suit! This run was developed and produced with an additional collaborator (and friend of the shop), Lauren Yates of W'menswear & Ponytail Journal. After handling some of Lauren's Brushstroke camouflage fabrics last year, we knew we wanted to make something from it. With our mutual friendship of Blluemade and Lauren's love of her own Garden Suit, we came up with the perfect plan: Brushstroke Camouflage Garden Suits.

The fabric is a sturdy (but not stiff) 100% cotton twill, milled in Japan, with a deeply saturated brown-tone Brushstroke camouflage pattern. Though it's comfortable right away, the fabric will relax and soften considerably over time with washing and wear. They've got brand new custom labels, designed once again by Blluemade collaborator Tomo W. Adachi, and just like last time, the buttons are all made from undyed corozo nut that will patina over time.

Pre-Orders Close March 21st
Expected Delivery in June/July 2022

blluemade - Blluemade SS22 New Arrivals Square-Flat-1.jpg

On top of that, we also got a bunch more new Blluemade...
Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 9.28.33 AM.png

...as well as a pretty substantial delivery of OrSlow,
with several new styles as well as restocks on core pieces.

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 9.29.22 AM.png
That's all I've got for today, best wishes!

Popvulture

Reaction score
We should be getting the Regular Fit Fatigue Pants in both the Olive Drab and in Ecru at some point later this season. No ETA on exactly when that might be, probably a few months at the very most. But we will restock those.
Ok that's fantastic. I've got the slim fit in olive and have always wished they had a wider hem, but I've held off buying the regular fit in the same color because it'd be a bit redundant. The ecru's a no-brainer, though :)

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@S&S_Elliot , any chance you'll get a restock of this shirt anytime soon?

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@S&S_Elliot , any chance you'll get a restock of this shirt anytime soon?

I can't find any info on those currently, but if you shoot us an email, Mari should be able to get an answer for you. If we don't have more incoming, but there are some in Japan, we can also special order for you.

Wouldn't mind the plain USN chambray as well — I'd totally pick one up.

Edit: oh nm that's actually in stock...

Yes, we literally JUST got a restock of those, I haven't even posted about them anywhere, yet. Good timing lol.

schuermang

Reaction score
I can't find any info on those currently, but if you shoot us an email, Mari should be able to get an answer for you. If we don't have more incoming, but there are some in Japan, we can also special order for you.

Yes, we literally JUST got a restock of those, I haven't even posted about them anywhere, yet. Good timing lol.
What's the handfeel like on the chambray? Soft or more coarse?

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm used to (and I suppose prefer) leather over suede boots...only because I like the look and can see the aging process/patina. I am really interested in the John Lofgren Black Cats...any idea how the roughout leather ages?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm used to (and I suppose prefer) leather over suede boots...only because I like the look and can see the aging process/patina. I am really interested in the John Lofgren Black Cats...any idea how the roughout leather ages?
Black will lighten up in the creases and matte down/get shiny with abrasion, but it won't be near the patina you'd get on something like natural cxl roughout that'll pick up all the denim crocking, etc and darken with wear

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
NEW CLINCH BOOTS
Our latest delivery of Clinch Boots are hitting the website
at
9:00am (Pacific Time) on Friday March 25th!
Featuring the brand new Brown Overdyed Horsebutt Yeager Boots & a big restock of the exceptional (and very tall) Hi Liner Boots in Black Overdyed Latigo. Both boots are built on variants of Clinch's incredible CN Last - the CN-S last for the Yeagers & the CN Wide last for the Hi Liners.

If you're looking to secure a pair when they launch, please carefully read our detailed sizing information for each boot model.

Despite what some person on the phone claimed today - we don't spin a roulette wheel to determine our sizing recommendations - multiple S&S staff try on multiple sizes of each boot, and we all convene under the darkness of night and in hushed tones, discuss our findings until we reach a conclusion. Then we drink copiously, as required by our employment agreements (and local law).

I'm gonna put working links in here, but until the boots go live, they won't take you anywhere. But, after 9am tomorrow, clicking any photo or link here will take you to the product page.

Available in sizes US 7.5 through US 11, with a price of $1,950.

Built on the CN-S Last
The CN-S last fits very snugly from the waist to heel, with a fairly low instep. This highly specialized last can be made to fit comfortably in multiple sizes depending on the wearer's foot and preference.

Our sizing recommendations
  • Narrow and low volume feet:
    • 0.5 size smaller than Brannock
    • Same size as Brannock (you may need to use insoles, thick socks, or both) for a more relaxed fit
  • D-Width and average volume feet:
    • 0.5 size smaller than Brannock for a snug fit
    • Same size as Brannock (you may need to use insoles, thick socks, or both) for a more relaxed fit
  • E & EE-Width and high volume feet:
    • We do not suggest the CN-S Last. You are going down a road of torturous pain and existential angst. Please turn around.
Clinch - Yeager Boots - Brown OD Horsebutt-Onbody-5472 x 3648-03.jpg

and also

Available in sizes US 8 through US 12, with a price of $1,830.

Built on the CN-WIDE Last
The CN Wide last fits slightly roomier than the CN-S last, though still fitting snugly from the waist to heel, with a fairly low instep. This highly specialized last can be made to fit comfortably in multiple sizes depending on the wearer's foot and preference.

Our sizing recommendations
  • Narrow and low volume feet:
    • 0.5 size smaller than Brannock
  • D-Width and average volume feet:
    • 0.5 size smaller than Brannock for a snug fit
  • E & EE-Width and high volume feet:
    • Same size as Brannock for a snug fit.
    • 0.5 size larger than Brannock (you may need to use insoles, thick socks, or both) for a more relaxed fit
Clinch - Hi Liner - Black OD Latigo - CN WIDE (Elliot's Pair)-Onbody-6.jpg

Both styles will be available at 9:00am Pacific Time on Friday March 25th (tomorrow, relative to when I am posting this). Inventory is present at S&S NYC and will be available on the S&S Website at 9.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20220331_074524.jpg

Simmons Bilt custom w/ sizing by Gen.

clemente21

Reaction score
Went to the Mulberry St store yesterday for the first time. Nice selection, certainly a lot of stuff that hadn't previously been available in the city. (Halfway between Self Edge and the Armoury I guess is a way to put it). Staff were neither friendly nor unfriendly which for the most part is fine.

Reactions: XWT

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads