• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Standard & Strange: Boots, Leather, & Denim - Official Affiliate Thread

theh00d

Reaction score
Will you guys be restocking the Orslow fatigue regular fit? I'm afraid the slim fit might be too slim but maybe I will come try a larger size or two.

Last edited:

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will you guys be restocking the Orslow fatigue regular fit? I'm afraid the slim fit might be too slim but maybe I will come try a larger size or two.

We should be getting the Regular Fit Fatigue Pants in both the Olive Drab and in Ecru at some point later this season. No ETA on exactly when that might be, probably a few months at the very most. But we will restock those.

theh00d

Reaction score
We should be getting the Regular Fit Fatigue Pants in both the Olive Drab and in Ecru at some point later this season. No ETA on exactly when that might be, probably a few months at the very most. But we will restock those.

Thanks! Looking forward to the olive drab!

Reaction score
Had an excellent experience with the New York store this week. Ended up walking out with a few shirts, some denim, and a few small accessories.
Real talk - I'm going to need several more colors of the Blluemade four pocket linen short sleeve. I was actually planning on picking up a few more and having some fabric mill friends garment dye them for me, but I don't see them listed on the website.
I'm thinking doing one in a russian blue (like the cat) and the other in a deep cocoa colorway.

schuermang

Reaction score
Had an excellent experience with the New York store this week. Ended up walking out with a few shirts, some denim, and a few small accessories.
Real talk - I'm going to need several more colors of the Blluemade four pocket linen short sleeve. I was actually planning on picking up a few more and having some fabric mill friends garment dye them for me, but I don't see them listed on the website.
I'm thinking doing one in a russian blue (like the cat) and the other in a deep cocoa colorway.
Tell me more about these blluemade shirts is that an nyc exclusive?

Reaction score

I don't know if it is any NYC store exclusive, but I noticed it wasn't included on their website.
It is a lightweight and extremely drapey 100% Belgian linen, but performs like a silk/linen blend with a cold hand and light sheen and noticeably less dry than some Italian linen shirting cloths I've owned. I ended up purchasing the black, but they had a Calvin blue, and I believe a true ecru natural on the racks. Perhaps this is something they intend to post online at a later date?
Image is extremely wrinkled as this shirt has not left my body in like 2 days.

Attachments

• IMG_5535.JPG
    IMG_5535.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 96

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@StrangeJeremy - have you had a chance to try on those Manifattura Ceccarelli parkas? If so, what size would you likely take? I tried one on at the NYC store over the weekend and really liked it, but the size I tried on was too small for a comfortable fit. I typically take the same size as you. Would you likely take a 44 or 46? Thanks for your help!

jmiller123

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 10.49.36 PM.png

Is Gen wearing the Indigofera gunpowder Kirk here? If so- any plans to restock them in a size 30? They look killer

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I somehow missed this news, but this is awesome, and I would encourage everyone to join in this effort:

The hammer is amazing, btw:
1646154359218.png

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

New Blluemade stuff JUST arrived, it hasn't all even touched down in Oakland yet - but it should be hitting the website on Monday (03/07) and we'll send an email about it then too.

Is Gen wearing the Indigofera gunpowder Kirk here? If so- any plans to restock them in a size 30? They look killer

Yeah! Those are his Kirks! We will be getting a restock and probably also some different denims for that cut too, not sure on the timeline though...

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So in cool new developments - we're running a raffle right now. You can read all the specifics here on our website, but to summarize:

S&S - Painted Crime Hammer-Flat-6.jpg

We are raffling off the hammer used to break into our Oakland shop back in January. It has been hand-painted by Jeremy's partner, Carrie (cizauskas.com / @cizauskas ) in an Oakland theme, with a sturdy clearcoat for protection if you should decide to push a few nails with it. To sweeten the deal, we're also including a $500 gift card with the hammer to the lucky winner. Thieves suck - but we have bigger things to worry about in this world than minor business losses between a new war in Europe and food insecurity (among other issues) here in the US.

To enter the raffle, simply donate $10 to a charitable organization supporting Ukraine or to your local food bank.
Keep the proof of donation and email us at [email protected].
Every $10 donated counts as one entry, and you can enter as many times as you want.

How the raffle works

• Make a donation from now until March 15th to either cause
  • $10 donation per entry - donate $50, get 5 entries
  • No limit on number of entries per person
  • E-mail proof of your donation to [email protected]
  • Winner is chosen at random, using an Excel spreadsheet and the RANDBETWEEN() function
  • 21oz framing hammer will ship immediately, delivery time depends on location
  • $500 Gift Card will be issued via email
S&S - Painted Crime Hammer-Onbody-1.jpg

In deliveries today, we received some new styles from both The Real McCoy's & Warehouse Co.

rmc - Dillinger 30s Sports Jacket - Brown Deerskin-Onbody-2.jpg
warehouse - full send ss22-Onbody-1.jpg warehouse - 1st Type Leather Jacket-Onbody-22.jpg warehouse - Lot 2010 Cowboy Jacket (WWII Model)-Onbody-4.jpg

schuermang

Reaction score
Wanted to get some sizing advice on the Black Cats. I’d been advised before to take a 9 on the viberg 2030 but that never felt comfortable no matter how many wears I accumulated due to my wider right foot. I take a 9.5 in the engineers and those are really comfortable, should I go up a half size for the Black Cats too?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted to get some sizing advice on the Black Cats. I’d been advised before to take a 9 on the viberg 2030 but that never felt comfortable no matter how many wears I accumulated due to my wider right foot. I take a 9.5 in the engineers and those are really comfortable, should I go up a half size for the Black Cats too?
Seems like S&S was getting a few returns mostly from people with wider feet going a full size down instead of half. I'd start with a half, but be prepared that you may have to go tts (assuming your brannock is 10Eish)

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Yes, I would suggest the 9.5s for you. For what seems to be most folks, these are running similar to viberg 2030/Lofgren M-43 in fit, big difference is that the leather doesn't stretch as much as the stock M-43s natural CXL, so the fit ultimately ends up being more snug despite having the same Last. There's a small but not insignificant group of people whose feet land "between" sizes (it's folks with wider feet), and while they might be able to get away with one size of the stock M-43 boots, the Black Cats may feel better a half size larger. Sounds like you're in the latter camp.

So yes, I think you'll be best off in the 9.5

schuermang

Reaction score
Yes, I would suggest the 9.5s for you. For what seems to be most folks, these are running similar to viberg 2030/Lofgren M-43 in fit, big difference is that the leather doesn't stretch as much as the stock M-43s natural CXL, so the fit ultimately ends up being more snug despite having the same Last. There's a small but not insignificant group of people whose feet land "between" sizes (it's folks with wider feet), and while they might be able to get away with one size of the stock M-43 boots, the Black Cats may feel better a half size larger. Sounds like you're in the latter camp.

So yes, I think you'll be best off in the 9.5
Thanks Elliot you’re the best!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads