• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Standard & Strange: Boots, Leather, & Denim - Official Affiliate Thread

notmandatory

Reaction score
Got my Bryceland's 133 denim. Just wondering how much shrinkage can be expected because right now they look comically large. This will be my first pair of unsanforized denim and I don't want to screw it up!

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got my Bryceland's 133 denim. Just wondering how much shrinkage can be expected because right now they look comically large. This will be my first pair of unsanforized denim and I don't want to screw it up!

Did you go TTS or did you size up for your pair? And when you say they look large, you're referring to when you're wearing them, yeah? Just for some baseline stuff. You'll probably want 1-2" inches in the waist of room, and the legs are gonna be really long.

For the first wash, I'd suggest filling up your bathtub with warm (or moderately hot, nothing hotter than you yourself would get in) water and soaking them in there with a bit of agitation ever once and a while for like 30-40 minutes. After that, give them a day or two to hang dry, and see where that leaves you. If there's still a bit of room, you can repeat the process with hotter water until the desired shrinkage is reached.

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Good MORNING everyone (if it's not morning when you read this, please disregard and simply have "good"). It's a Friday, and I saved a big release for today, because I love ending the week with a big release. I mean seriously, look at all this dang McCoy's!

There's like more than a dozen styles here, so I'm just gonna drop a bunch of photos and make them link to things. If you have questions, go ahead and ask em, if you want to see or read more, click on a photo or link. Simple as.

See you Monday for a super special highly limited-edition John Lofgren boot release. Wow.

espen

Reaction score
Big grip of McCoys!

What size is Gen wearing in the chinos? I’m noticing a pattern of Gen+1 in my sizing choices.

espen

Reaction score
Everyone please buy the blue seals now, they take forever to come back into stock. Thank you.
Donezo. Been waiting on these forever. Asked Lost and Found to ping me when they finally got them but they sold through before they had the chance.

sixstringsmash

Reaction score
Everyone please buy the blue seals now, they take forever to come back into stock. Thank you.

Are these even made in a 38 or is 36 the largest size they go up to? I want a pair of these but need something my fat ass would actually be able to fit in!

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Howdy partners! Big hat Wednesday or something, idk, I overslept this morning so I'm a touch out of it. Luckily, past me did 90% of the work here, and set up the release for these cool new Mister Freedom Ranch Blouses. Both done up in an unlined cowhide (with some corduroy trims under the cuffs and collar) they're both great fits and killer patina projects.

As you would imagine, the undyed natural jacket ("Randall") will darken and age over time, as the vegetable tanned leather takes in oil, moisture, light, dirt, and whatever else you bring it into contact with. Because of how variable the leather is, no two of these jackets are alike, and some even feature brand marks and cattle ranch initials on prominent panels - Mister Freedom cut these jackets to highlight the quirks and uniqueness of each hide.

On the other side, we've got the black tea core leather ("Ringo"), also vegetable tanned, with a bright natural interior that can be seen if you just open the jacket. Because the black die isn't fully struck through the hide, over time, the brown and natural core beneath will start to peek through, especially in areas of abrasion and/or frequent movement.

Two truly dynamic leathers, one kickass fit. That's the Mister Freedom we love.
These new Mister Freedom jackets are available online now, and can be found at all three of our physical locations in meat world. Which means that if you live near any of our stores, you can go touch it in person (during business hours).

asandman

Reaction score
Will the Joe McCoy pocket tees ever be restocked? I would go all in, the navy one I have is probably my favorite tee ever in terms of cut and construction, but I slept too long to pick up more.

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got a new delivery in with some Black Sign. We're still making Breeches a thing, so if you were wondering why this delivery was so Breech-heavy, that's why. Welcome to Breech-wave. Breechcore.

Anyways, hit me if y'all got questions, check these cool photos:

Black Sign - Full Send Onbody-Onbody-2.jpg Black Sign - Full Send Onbody-Onbody-3.jpg Black Sign - Paisley Cord Sheriff Breeches - Deep Sea Black-Onbody-23.jpg  - Moleskin Sherif Breeches - Silky Black-Onbody-4.jpg

New Black Sign is available in Oakland & Online now.

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quickie for today, since it is Wednesday (but a bigger and more exciting drop on Friday...) since we've had these Simmons Bilt jackets hanging around our NYC Store for just a little bit on the DL, giving this a little time to cook as an exclusive for in-store.

Now that the arbitrary window we set for doing that has ended, they're now available online too! The S&S x Simmons Bilt Frostbreaker Jackets are two kickass sheepskin flight jackets, with minimal details, horsehide trims, and a full shearling interior.

We've got more detailed info on the website, so just click something that looks clickable within my post and you'll get where you need to go.

(The exciting new release for Friday is Bode)

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quickie for today, since it is Wednesday (but a bigger and more exciting drop on Friday...) since we've had these Simmons Bilt jackets hanging around our NYC Store for just a little bit on the DL, giving this a little time to cook as an exclusive for in-store.

Now that the arbitrary window we set for doing that has ended, they're now available online too! The S&S x Simmons Bilt Frostbreaker Jackets are two kickass sheepskin flight jackets, with minimal details, horsehide trims, and a full shearling interior.

We've got more detailed info on the website, so just click something that looks clickable within my post and you'll get where you need to go.

(The exciting new release for Friday is Bode)
Speaking of leather, whose Grizzly is a better jacket, Mister Freedom or Freenote Kenai?

jmiller123

Reaction score
Speaking of leather, whose Grizzly is a better jacket, Mister Freedom or Freenote Kenai?
Not that I have any experience with either in hand, but I'm partial to the Kenai- the zip front and darker fur look nicer to me.

I actually just emailed Freenote earlier today about a potential restock for their Locklin jacket. Love the look of it

SS21-9819.jpg

whipcord

Reaction score
I actually just emailed Freenote earlier today about a potential restock for their Locklin jacket. Love the look of it

I called that company once about a product I was going to order from their website and it was the worst customer service I've ever encountered. Some guy in Florida answered the phone, and instead of listening to me he was talking to somebody in person, like a friend. He then made me repeat myself and told me was busy but he would, and I quote "100% call me back, for sure." I knew it was BS, and he never did. They lost a big sale, and I don't really look at their stuff anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads