• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Standard & Strange: Boots, Leather, & Denim - Official Affiliate Thread

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What's good party people? We're at Friday again, and we came to the conclusion at the shop yesterday that time will never stop, which is a bit of bummer, because like, when am I supposed to get all caught up on things? Oh well, if time won't stop, I suppose I won't either, so here I am to announce our Friday morning release, which comes from Masterson!

Michael Masterson is a long time friend and former resident of S&S (no really, he lived in our back room for a while, before my time here), as well as a world-renowned Shirtsman (person who makes really good shirts).

Release No. 49 - The Blueberry Riots take their name and inspiration from an ill-fated blueberry foraging trip that Michael took up in Maine. As he tells it, he imagined a pleasant time strolling around, plucking berries - but instead found himself in a crowd of hundreds, everyone angrily competing for the few blueberries that could be found.

As always, you can read more by clicking a link or a photo. Like all Masterson releases, these are a one and done, so when they run out, we won't be restocking them.

New Masterson is available in all three stores, as well as online. See y'all Monday for a pre-order on some new Ooe (that won't sell out in 20 minutes).

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mornin' folks! Ooe Yofukuten's Boss Pants are returning in a brand new khaki selvedge duck canvas, with an updated fit and all score of incredible little details - from the one piece fly, to the double knees, to the buckle back.

These Khaki Duck Boss Pants are available for pre-order until December 6th, 2021 (or until we run out of fabric and Ooe can't make any more), and have an expected ship date of February 2022.

As with all Ooe Yofukuten products, they are sewn one pair at a time by husband and wife team Ryo and Hiro Yofukuten at their workshop in Ichinomiya, Japan.

New Ooe is available for pre-order until December 6th. Once again, delivery is expected around February 2022, and depending on how many pre-orders are placed, we may not be getting any for stock. If you want to guarantee a pair for yourself, I suggest pre-ordering.

sixstringsmash

Reaction score
Mornin' folks! Ooe Yofukuten's Boss Pants are returning in a brand new khaki selvedge duck canvas, with an updated fit and all score of incredible little details - from the one piece fly, to the double knees, to the buckle back.

These Khaki Duck Boss Pants are available for pre-order until December 6th, 2021 (or until we run out of fabric and Ooe can't make any more), and have an expected ship date of February 2022.

As with all Ooe Yofukuten products, they are sewn one pair at a time by husband and wife team Ryo and Hiro Yofukuten at their workshop in Ichinomiya, Japan.

New Ooe is available for pre-order until December 6th. Once again, delivery is expected around February 2022, and depending on how many pre-orders are placed, we may not be getting any for stock. If you want to guarantee a pair for yourself, I suggest pre-ordering.

Any way to order them in a 39? I noticed sizes 27-36 are all available in single inch increments but anything over that is only offered in 2 inch increments.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any way to order them in a 39? I noticed sizes 27-36 are all available in single inch increments but anything over that is only offered in 2 inch increments.

They're only graded in 1" up to 36, then as you noticed, it switches to a 2" grade. These are pretty boxy, vintage fit pants so we suggest going up over going down if you're in between.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20211123_111447.jpg

I'm still surprised I was pronouncing Ooe Yofukuten wrong all this time

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's it pronounced correctly? I'm sure I've butchered it in my head for years.
apparently its Oh-ay yoff-k'ten. The Oh-ay makes sense because they abbreviate it as OA all the time, but the Yoff-k'ten surprised me

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to split hairs, but it's better phonetically spelled Oh-yuy or Oh-yay.
I used to pronounce it "Ooh wee, you a fukkin ten!" cuz that's what I imagined people were saying when I wore my cossack ?

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I hope everyone is able to enjoy a day or two off of work (or whatever your obligations may be) this week. We're taking things as easily as we can, and will be closed tomorrow (Thursday) and also the day after (Friday). I'm gonna eat some food and catch up on housework, probably.

On the shop end, we've got a quick (but substantial) restock in from Indigofera, fully replenishing all of our favorite core styles that we've been suggesting for years.

Here's what was restocked:
These have all been core styles for us here in Oakland for a long time (well, the Kirk is a bit newer, but we love it just as much as the others), and we restock them year after year because everyone seems to agree with us about how great the fits and fabrics are. If you were looking to pick up your first Indigofera pieces, any of these would be a great place to start.

As usual, for more info, click on a link or a photo, see where it leads. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their week, and see you Friday for a very brief post. I'm talking SHORT, no photos, maybe like a paragraph at most. Quick. See ya then.

This Indigofera in particular is available only in our Oakland, and also on our website.

espen

Reaction score
Ooooh man, Brycelands is coming?! Just the denim shirts or more?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads