• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Standard & Strange: Boots, Leather, & Denim - Official Affiliate Thread

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1636650333176.png

1636650439222.png

Is this normal that 1 of the bandanas prescribes a $15 additional shipping fee while the other does not?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gnu

Reaction score
Will the M-1943 be restocked or can it be special ordered? I had emailed Real McCoys London about it a while ago and I thought they had said that RMC had discontinued it.

If I'm a 42 in other RMC stuff, I assume I'm a 42 in this?

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will the M-1943 be restocked or can it be special ordered? I had emailed Real McCoys London about it a while ago and I thought they had said that RMC had discontinued it.

If I'm a 42 in other RMC stuff, I assume I'm a 42 in this?

I'm not sure on restock - it is not in the catalog for SS22.

With RMC military repro, I would not make sizing assumptions as each garment is based on the original spec. My 1st type M-65 in Large fits exactly the same as my 1965-made original, but I would wear a 44 or larger in most other McCoy's.

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello everyone. We have a new release today from Indigofera, and I'm very excited about it (and honestly kicking myself for not ordering a Dawson this season). Returning as they do every Winter, probably our favorite two shirts from Indigofera - The Dawson shirt and the Norris shirt.

(As a safe reminder, we're running our November promo this week, and you'll earn a $20 gift card for every $100 you spend. The full terms, conditions, & details can be viewed here, by clicking this sentence. Please allow an extra 1-3 days for your order to ship this week)

These two shirts are absolute heavyweights in Indigofera's lineup - both in terms of fabric thickness and overall garment impressiveness. They consistently return in new and excellent color-combinations each year, with tonal accents and two distinctly different but equally solid fits.

For more info, you know the drill, click the links or the photos! See ya next week, and don't forget that the "Gimme a Deal" promo ends Monday, one minute after 11:59pm (aka 12:00am on Tuesday the 16th).

New Indigofera is all available online. The Dawson Shirt is in all three locations, while the Norris is in Oakland & Santa Fe.

(As a safe reminder, we're running our November promo this week, and you'll earn a $20 gift card for every $100 you spend. The full terms, conditions, & details can be viewed here, by clicking this sentence. Please allow an extra 1-3 days for your order to ship this week)

Last edited:

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello again folks. Pardon me for once again missing the Monday post, my schedule has been all over the place lately and I was dealing with the DMV.

Yesterday we released a couple new shirts from The Real McCoy's, as well as a "restock" of the longsleeve loopwheel tees (but with a slightly tweaked fit).

Tomorrow (more specifically, Wednesday morning at 9:00am Pacific) we're releasing the NYC Edition OA01s, so don't miss that if you're interested, because these will go really quickly.

See y'all tomorrow for a big post about Ooe Jeans, the post will be a bit shorter if we're already sold out by tomorrow morning, but there's gonna be a post either way. Peace!

Last edited:

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
OOE TIME! The NYC OA01s release online at 9am Pacific. If it is after that time and you just want the damn pants and don't need to read whatever else I'm about to write, just click here, you are free, I release you.

For those who want to stick around, here's a little extra info on this batch of Ooe -

We have been working with Ryo and Hiro Ooe of Ooe Yofukuten since 2014, and are their sole stockist outside of Japan. To mark the opening of our NYC store, we asked them to use up the last of their exclusive XX3 denim to make a run of extra-special OA01 jeans for us.

They make everything in a small Japanese town just outside of Nagoya using a collection of rare vintage sewing machines. Ryo is the pattern maker and cutter, Hiro does the sewing. Their dedication, focus and level of detail is superlative. The waistband label sums up the soul of what they do: "We wish to express our gratitude to all people involved in this work."

The production is very limited by nature, and they have developed an international cult following over the years. When you hold a pair of Ooe Yofukuten jeans, it may take a moment to notice the subtle details. The fabric is just like a pair of vintage Levi’s, the needlework is flawless, and the buttonholes are absolute perfection - each a mark of the craft of Ryo and Hiro.

That final photo is a side-by-side of Jeremy's OA01XX-505A jeans, made from the same fabric and worn for a few years, and a brand new pair of the OA01XX-505B jeans. New Ooe are available online (not for long) and in store at the NYC location (the in-store jeans are only available in person, not over the phone or online). See y'all Friday!

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Does Ooe make anything more tapered? I feel like it's the same as ROY denim, which always seemed to have nothing under 8" in the hem.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What would you say is the "cut" of this pair of OA? Looks like a pure straight leg to me...but my eyes may deceive. Taper? High/Mid/Low rise?

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does Ooe make anything more tapered? I feel like it's the same as ROY denim, which always seemed to have nothing under 8" in the hem.

They do! The OA02 is their much more tapered fit. We have plans to stock a few models of OA02s next year, more details TBA...

What would you say is the "cut" of this pair of OA? Looks like a pure straight leg to me...but my eyes may deceive. Taper? High/Mid/Low rise?

I will describe these purely in terms of fit, because my historical fit knowledge is lacking and I'll make a fool of myself if I try and say something like "19XX" cut. They're pretty much a straight leg, but there is a little bit of taper, very minimal but there, the whole way through the leg. These have a medium-high rise, definitely on the higher portion of the spectrum for average denim rises, it's comfortably fitted at the waistband, with a roomy top block and space in the seat. The thigh is pretty generous, and tapers down to a pretty wide knee, and that in turn has a very slight taper from the knee to the opening - which is just a hair smaller than the knee measurements.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads