• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Standard & Strange: Boots, Leather, & Denim - Official Affiliate Thread

sixstringsmash

Reaction score
Are we allowed to do fit checks here?? My new MotivMfg cotton/linen oxford shirt just came in from S&S yesterday. What a fantastic fabric. Threw it on to check the fit and it seems alright if a smidge on the tight side. What do y'all think?

ZCxafc3.jpg

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a cool looking jacket! What leather did you pick?
The Japanese Teacore Horsehide. Its a helluva break in so far, Gen added a couple extra inches to the chest to help accomodate how stiff the leather is and that was definitely the right call.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are we allowed to do fit checks here?? My new MotivMfg cotton/linen oxford shirt just came in from S&S yesterday. What a fantastic fabric. Threw it on to check the fit and it seems alright if a smidge on the tight side. What do y'all think?

ZCxafc3.jpg
For button up shirts personally, if the buttons aren't being pulled on and I can lift my arms over my head I call it a good fit.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ZCxafc3.jpg
Are you noticing that it's tight in your chest/torso? Sleeves and shoulders look right on

sixstringsmash

Reaction score
Are you noticing that it's tight in your chest/torso? Sleeves and shoulders look right on
For button up shirts personally, if the buttons aren't being pulled on and I can lift my arms over my head I call it a good fit.

Thanks for the responses guys! Mild tightness in the chest, but not to the point where the buttons are pulling or being uncomfortable in normal circumstances. The buttons do pull a little in the chest if I stretch my arms behind my back or the like, but in an actual normal situation I'd say theirs no pulling or the like on the buttons. It is also extremely tight for me to button up the top button on the shirt, but as I'm not really planning on ever wearing this with a tie I'm not overly worried about that part.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys! Mild tightness in the chest, but not to the point where the buttons are pulling or being uncomfortable in normal circumstances. The buttons do pull a little in the chest if I stretch my arms behind my back or the like, but in an actual normal situation I'd say theirs no pulling or the like on the buttons. It is also extremely tight for me to button up the top button on the shirt, but as I'm not really planning on ever wearing this with a tie I'm not overly worried about that part.
I just worry that the next size up will have sleeves that are too long and droopy shoulders

schuermang

Reaction score
I don't think I ever button a top button on a shirt like that, most of mine wouldn't fit anyway ?

sixstringsmash

Reaction score
I just worry that the next size up will have sleeves that are too long and droopy shoulders

I was thinking the same exact thing. I think I'm gonna stay with this size. It's a pretty good fit as is and definitely comfortable enough. Appreciate the insights!

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any idea when the Lofgren natural clx punchers will get restocked?

We do not have those on order at the moment, but we're working through restocks now for spring. Shoot us an email if you want to see about special ordering a pair off the next run they make.

View attachment 1692274

So there's this guy named Gen, he's got many skills, but near the top of the list is custom fitting over the phone on mto leather jackets. S&S x Simmons Bilt every day its cold enough to actually wear this jacket.

DAMN! Right on.

Does Y'2 offer the single rider in black or dark brown?

I have the black horse version inbound to NYC soonish.

ZCxafc3.jpg

Everyone else beat me to it, but this looks good to me. Sizing up will make it fit all kinds of wrong.

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
G'morning Styleforum users! Lots of fun stuff coming in this next week, including Rocky Mountain Featherbed, which drops Friday.

In the interim, we've got a quick little delivery featuring some Indigofera & Real McCoy's. Consisting of just two items, this release is great because I was able to get it out quickly, and now that it's finished I can work on all the other fun stuff. Also Jeremy is doing some computer repair for myself and Mari later today, so lets all hope that goes well.

As usual, click the links or pictures to see and read more, and I'll see y'all Friday for RMFB.

Both new items are available online! The Dollard shirt can be found in all three stores, while the CWU 9/P is available in Oakland & Santa Fe.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G'morning Styleforum users! Lots of fun stuff coming in this next week, including Rocky Mountain Featherbed, which drops Friday.

In the interim, we've got a quick little delivery featuring some Indigofera & Real McCoy's. Consisting of just two items, this release is great because I was able to get it out quickly, and now that it's finished I can work on all the other fun stuff. Also Jeremy is doing some computer repair for myself and Mari later today, so lets all hope that goes well.

As usual, click the links or pictures to see and read more, and I'll see y'all Friday for RMFB.

Both new items are available online! The Dollard shirt can be found in all three stores, while the CWU 9/P is available in Oakland & Santa Fe.
You guys have any plan to stock the Warehouse Lot.453 hoody?

Also assume the RMFB is separate from those vests i.e. additional items on the way?

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You guys have any plan to stock the Warehouse Lot.453 hoody?

Also assume the RMFB is separate from those vests i.e. additional items on the way?

We are not stocking the Lot.453 this year, just due to our abundance of loopwheel hoodies from The Real McCoy's.

Our full RMFB delivery drops this friday.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads