• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Standard & Strange: Boots, Leather, & Denim - Official Affiliate Thread

gnu

Reaction score
Congrats on the big moves. When can we start putting in requests for the fourth location?

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Well folks, it seems that news travels a bit more quickly than I do, but it can't hurt to reiterate - We're opening a store in NYC!

Here's the announcement with all the relevant info:

In a couple of weeks, you can visit us in Manhattan's Nolita neighborhood at 238 Mulberry Street. The neighborhood is bustling, with tons of great shops and restaurants and we're genuinely thrilled to be a part of the fabric of this great community.

This is one of those things that doesn’t feel quite real, a huge milestone that always felt out of reach. A “wouldn’t it be amazing if one day we could do this…” type of thing.

This would have been impossible without all the strong relationships we’ve built and nurtured over the years - our team, our brands, our landlord, construction crew, and of course our wonderful clients that have shown us so much support over the last nine years. So much is going into this and we feel incredibly lucky that it’s all happening.

So, thank you for all your support over these last nine years - we wouldn't be here without you, and we can't continue on without you.

We'll announce when we officially kick our doors open. Due to the ongoing plague, we do not have any plans for a grand opening party at this point in time.

All the best,

Neil, Jeremy, Gen, Mari, Elliot, Erin, Eden-Marcel, Ysidro, James, Darnell, Patrick and Charlie

Thank y'all already for the congratulations, it's been one hell of a ride so far and we're really, really excited to kick open the doors. We've been diligently working for weeks getting inventory (like all your favorite leather jackets from The Real McCoy's) mailed over to the new location, and will hopefully be kicking the doors open in just a few weeks for a soft opening with a seriously worthy lineup of brands and product. We can't wait to see you all there (or in Oakland, or Santa Fe, or online).

image (18).png

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I believe this is the same issue that I brought up earlier in that the jackets are shuffling between stores and not actually sold out

Correct, altho I did sell one right out of the box while in transit.

Will the NYC location stock Real McCoy’s?

Edit: I suppose it's poor form to have not congratulated you first, but, you know, priorities.

Yes, and a lot of it.

Seconded, congrats

Thank you!

Congrats on the big moves. When can we start putting in requests for the fourth location?

Now, I guess.

I shall honor your achievement by showing up on the first day, trying on the new J-24, and not buying it because I already have a J-24L

I'll sell you one anyway

Will you guys have the new Y2 suede type 3 jacket at the NYC shop?

I am still holding all those in OAK, but I may transfer shortly. I probably won't ship those until Monday at the earliest.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will you have any stock of the RMC Nelson jacket in nyc? I’ve been needing to try that jacket on again to see if it actually fits me lol.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will you have any stock of the RMC Nelson jacket in nyc? I’ve been needing to try that jacket on again to see if it actually fits me lol.

Yes, I've got a bunch of those on the way -> 40,42,44

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's Mister Freedom Thursday! Or something! I'm no longer sure how I feel about the bit where I just say the brand and then the day of the week, it's probably over after this.

But we've got new Mister Freedom! It's in Oakland & Santa Fe too, so you could pick it up in person at either shop. Fun!

Today's release is short and sweet, taking the form of seasonal variations on classic styles - the Lot 64 Jeans & the Ranch Blouse. These are probably our two favorite core styles from MF, and they make a hell of a pair.

Produced by Sugar Cane in Japan, this is a 13oz sulfur dyed selvedge denim - a tightly woven midweight denim known for its fast, dramatic fades. Sulfur dying results in a rich finished product with reduced colorfastness, leading to a fabric that will fade more quickly over time as pigment is lost from wear and washing.

Both pieces are gonna wear in really well, and I am thinking about picking up a pair of the Lot 64s for myself - because the cut is phenomenal and the fabric will fade to a phenomenal gray, which I'm into.

Mister Freedom - Ranch Blouse - 13 oz Black SC Denim 38-Onbody-5760 x 3840-04.jpg

Mister Freedom - Ranch Blouse - 13 oz Black SC Denim 38-Flat-15.jpg

Mister Freedom - Ranch Blouse - 13 oz Black SC Denim 38-Onbody-5760 x 3840-05.jpg

Mister Freedom - Californian Lot 64 Jean - -Outlaw- Black Denim-Flat-33.jpg

Mister Freedom - Californian Lot 64 Jean - -Outlaw- Black Denim-Onbody-5760 x 3840-12.jpg

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New Black Sign has landed and I stayed here late last night making sure it was all primed and ready to release today. We've got wovens, we've got knits, we've got sterling, also, a hat. Maybe a bird?

Like so many of the stories at S&S – our first true introduction to Black Sign came as a mix of chance and friendship. Somewhere in the vast depths of The Before Times, Ryo and Hiro Ooe of Ooe Yofukuten brought us to the Black Sign store in Nagoya, Japan. The brand had been on our radar for awhile – but the confines of a computer screen limit your understanding of a brand with such depth and complexity as Black Sign. We had no idea what kind of world we were about to walk into – a world of strange, obscure vintage that spans a wide range of time periods.

From Victorian era curiosities to early 20th century equestrian and motorcycle wear to rare WW2 era items - the garments were beautifully constructed, with a shared identity and aesthetic cohesion running through the collection to a degree we rarely see in brands focusing on reproductions & recreations. The end result is not only some of the most technically proficient manufacturing we've seen, but also among the most stylistically advanced.

For more info on this release, just click on any of the links or photos below! See y'all next week.

BS-Grid-01.jpg

Black Sign - 1930s Cashmere Herringbone Submarine Jacket-Onbody-5760 x 3840-39.jpg

Black Sign - Wabash - Sashiko Working Shirt - Indigo-Onbody-5760 x 3840-05.jpg

Black Sign - Mechanics Cap - Field Beige Chino-Onbody-5760 x 3840-41.jpg

Black Sign - Poison in the Brain Charm-Flat-07.jpg

Black Sign - BS x Black Boots Snake Ring-Onbody-6000 x 4000-44.jpg

Black Sign - Heavyweight 1920s Amish Henley - Green-Onbody-5760 x 3840-25.jpg

Black Sign - Heavyweight 1920s Amish Sweater - Beige-Onbody-5760 x 3840-12.jpg

Black Sign - it's bird-Onbody-5760 x 3840-18.jpg

New Black Sign is available Online & in Oakland

gnu

Reaction score
Maybe this is beyond the scope of this thread, but is the Real McCoys planning any other deerskin jackets? Not just down ones. Still bummed I missed out on the deerskin A-1.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads