• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Standard & Strange: Boots, Leather, & Denim - Official Affiliate Thread

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I’m heavily considering it, what makes it so special?

Quite a lot of things but primarily, it's a dope looking blazer that wears like a sweatshirt. The fabric is truly exclusive to them and made on machines that are nearly extinct.

I own 5 because the fabric options have all been so good, but now I've checked most of the boxes for "blazers I need". Got a couple grey houndstooth, a couple different navy, one brown.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was curious hows that leather on the Clinch/Black Sign? Did you get a chance to get a sample or something? Super cool boots and I'm considering it but not familiar with that particular cowhide, Is it similar to chromexcel cowhide? I'm on the fence if I'll put those dudes on or not but I really like the wildness of em.

We haven't touched the leather but from what we understand, it's pretty special. Much more of a luxe leather than CXL cowhide.

schuermang

Reaction score
I hope whoever copped the size 40 of the Nelson jacket is happy I’m definitely not salty ?

• Wow
Reactions: XWT

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I hope whoever copped the size 40 of the Nelson jacket is happy I’m definitely not salty ?

Jeremy can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we have more Nelsons in transit right now, expected to land within the next 5-10 days. I am off site, but inventory records show me that we are expecting a size 40 in that delivery. So do not despair!

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
NEW ROTOTO! I'm not gonna do the caps lock thing, I already did that. I don't actually have a bit this morning, I am in the woods with my girlfriend for her birthday, so you will all have to suffer with a post full of images and not words.

We ordered more than a few thousand pairs of RoToTo socks in all manner of styles, sizes, and colors. RoToTo produce our most popular socks by a significant margin, and it only takes one pair to see why... no, seriously, get one pair, that's all it will take to convince you. Nothing I write will be as compelling as putting a pair of comfy room socks on after getting out of bed, or drinking a morning coffee in some reversible mohair socks.

Click any of the photos below to be transported into our RoToTo zone, and go nuts. Though we got them by the thousands (literally), they're already moving fast because I keep telling everyone to buy them, so act sooner than later to secure yourself your desired size, style, and color.

Rototo - Tableax-Flat-01.jpg

Rototo---Gif3.gif

Rototo - Zero Day Hike Trek Crew - Skirt-Onbody-6000 x 4000-33.jpg

Rototo---Gif2.gif

Rototo---Gif5.gif

Rototo - Grid1.jpg

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A day late but never a dollar short, I'm here to post about what we released (yesterday). Monday's release was a fresh new delivery from Y'2 Leather, which turned into these incredible Suede Type 3 jackets after we opened the box (alchemy?).

I don't know how global logistics work, to be honest, and I'm worried that if I look too deep into it, everything will just fall apart. Schrodinger's logistics, or something. Anyways, we pay invoices, I whisper a little prayer, and then a few weeks later things arrive.

Anyways, the jacket. We're very particular when it comes to Type 3 jackets, because of how widespread and common they are as a style. That said, when the right one comes along, we don't hesitate.

Y'2's Type 3 has the exact fit we look for, not too short or long in the body, hitting just like our favorite vintage trucker jackets. The chest is relaxed enough to layer under, but not particularly wide or roomy - just right. It's lined with a tonal brown nylon, soft and slick for sliding over your favorite flannels, and comfortable enough to wear with just a tee.

The leather is a 1.3mm full grain steerhide roughout suede (that's a mouthful) - this is the reverse side of Y'2's oiled steerhide. Ultra soft and supple, this leather requires virtually no break-in whatsoever. It's dyed a rich tobacco brown, with a ton of tonal depth - this leather absolutely pops in just about any lighting, but it looks especially incredible in sunlight.

Y'2 Leather - Steer Suede 3rd Type Jacket (TB-139)-Onbody-5760 x 3840-18.jpg

Y'2 Leather - Steer Suede 3rd Type Jacket (TB-139)-Flat-01.jpg

Y'2 Leather - Steer Suede 3rd Type Jacket (TB-139)-Onbody-5760 x 3840-20.jpg
Y'2 Leather - Steer Suede 3rd Type Jacket (TB-139)-Flat-09.jpg
Y'2 Leather - Steer Suede 3rd Type Jacket (TB-139)-Onbody-5760 x 3840-19.jpg

New Y'2 Leather is available online & in Oakland now.

That's all for today (yesterday). See you folks tomorrow with a whole bunch of new news, and also some deliveries!

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy Shinki, that went fast.

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 5.42.34 PM.png

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads