• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Standard & Strange: Boots, Leather, & Denim - Official Affiliate Thread

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
When I saw those black sign boys, I definitely went dayum. I'm back in the US for the foreseeable future, I might have to jump on em but dang 1 whole year might mean I'll be back abroad but not sure. I wonder if the Black Sign store will carry any that I can just grab.

I never figured out the sizing for their lasts. I tried a pair of their sneaker type shoes in I believe 10H probably CN-S and it almost fit but felt like it pinched the top of my toe.

What size would be good for someone who is generally a size 12 in sneaks and 11/11.5 in boots?

For you, based on this info, I'd suggest an 11 in the CN WIDE Last.

In our experience CN-S last is very persnickety, for the folks that can fit it, it's a dream... however if you have slightly wide feed, normally wide feet, very wide feet, a tall instep, tall toes, high arches, or anything else that makes your foot not small and slim, it's not as ideal.

CN WIDE, meanwhile, works for people whose feet are not explicitly low-volume. We're the only place that'll be stocking these in CN WIDE, all other pairs (and all of Black Sign's pairs) will be on CN S.

If you have more questions, or want more specific sizing advice, I'd shoot us an email at [email protected]

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Frankly, I'd probably be the only dude with em in all of Kansai. So they'd be my style I guess. The rest of the Kansai Bois are just copying future me.

Although I do wonder, I feel like it would be young and hip goth boys wearing em. They are like elevated hot topic boots which I'm about.

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
October 1st means it is officially the beginning of Spooky season. During October, S&S stands for "Spooky & Scary" and I have covered Jeremy's desk in fake cobwebs and real skeleton bones.

Completely unrelated to that is our new delivery of The Real McCoy's, featuring an even split of new stuff and restocks.

Rather than assaulting you all with walls of text and photos, I shall show mercy and only post the photo wall. Further reading can be found by clicking on any of the photos or many convenient hyperlinks I have included throughout the post.

rmcgridoctober1.png

RMC - Buco J-24 Horsehide Leather Jacket (2021 Model)-Onbody-5760 x 3840-26.jpg
The J-24 returns, with an updated fit that runs a lot more true to size. Previous models have run quite slim, and we would recommend people size up for the best fit. With the new model, sizing up is no longer necessary to get the best fit.

RMC - Vest, Flying Winter, Type C-2 - Navy-Onbody-5760 x 3840-16.jpg
RMC - M-65 Field Jacket 1st Type-Onbody-5760 x 3840-03.jpg

RMC - Joe McCoy Black Denim Western Shirt (Washed)-Onbody-5760 x 3840-32.jpg

trm - M-65 Field Jacket - 2nd Type-Onbody-5760 x 3840-07.jpg

N-1 Deck Jacket - Khaki-02.jpg

Peace, Love, Happy Spooky Season, & have a blessed weekend folks.

gnu

Reaction score
Did you all get any larges in that black washed denim shirt or did they already sell out?

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
grid-10-04-21.jpg

It's Monday Morning, instagram is down, and we have new stuff!

Motiv have sent us the first little teaser of our Fall/Winter order, and I expect everyone to buckle up and prepare themselves for how powerful that order is. Today though, it's just a couple new pieces, both of which are exactly as impressive as we've come to expect from Motiv (very).

Also in are two previously unavailable (with us) styles from Merz b. Schwanen, as well as restocks on the stuff we're already low on. Merz, as the kids say, slaps, and now there's even more of it to go around.

Once again, if reading is your thing, click any of the links or photos here, they will take you to places with more writing... but in the immortal words of André 3000, "Y'all don't wanna hear me, you just wanna dance."

Also, one time it was a slow day and Gen and I were working and André 3000 came into the shop. Cool guy, good vibes.

Here's some photos!

motiv mfg - Apothek Jacket - Cream Brushed Delave Linen-Flax-Onbody-5760 x 3840-16.jpg

1p - British Military Sweatpants - Black Waffle Double Cloth-Onbody-5760 x 3840-30.jpg

merz - 2S14 Loopwheeled 14oz Heavyweight Tee - White-Onbody-5760 x 3840-11.jpg

merz - 206 Loopwheeled LS Henley - Charcoal-Onbody-5760 x 3840-18.jpg

schuermang

Reaction score
View attachment 1679820

It's Monday Morning, instagram is down, and we have new stuff!

Motiv have sent us the first little teaser of our Fall/Winter order, and I expect everyone to buckle up and prepare themselves for how powerful that order is. Today though, it's just a couple new pieces, both of which are exactly as impressive as we've come to expect from Motiv (very).

Also in are two previously unavailable (with us) styles from Merz b. Schwanen, as well as restocks on the stuff we're already low on. Merz, as the kids say, slaps, and now there's even more of it to go around.

Once again, if reading is your thing, click any of the links or photos here, they will take you to places with more writing... but in the immortal words of André 3000, "Y'all don't wanna hear me, you just wanna dance."

Also, one time it was a slow day and Gen and I were working and André 3000 came into the shop. Cool guy, good vibes.

Here's some photos!

View attachment 1679796

View attachment 1679797

View attachment 1679798

View attachment 1679799
I hear nothing but good things when people meet Andre 3000, seems like a really cool guy.

Dang those motiv pants went fast.

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I hear nothing but good things when people meet Andre 3000, seems like a really cool guy.

Dang those motiv pants went fast.

I can't think of any famous performers/artists who have come in and not been pleasant, which is great. Special shout out to David Bryne, who has come by the Oakland shop a few times. He shops and acts like a normal person, I just happen to really like his music so he gets a special shout out lol.

Also, yeah, they're really moving! For Motiv stuff, if there was ever a piece that you (or anyone) really wanted that we're sold out of, we can sometimes look into Special Ordering direct from Motiv if they have said piece (and size) available.

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A pleasant Wednesday to all. This Morning we've got some new pieces in from 1st PAT-RN.

1st PAT-RN apparel is a real, tangible thing. It does not exist on the blockchain, and it is not produced by an algorithm, but instead shares space with us here, in the meat world - after being produced by humans using their hands. The value of 1st PAT-RN goods will not fluctuate wildly (though we can assure you that each piece gets better and better with time), and it is currently impossible for 1st PAT-RN to disappear, rendering their clothing obsolete (that's not how clothing works).

Maybe you could find somewhere, or someone, who will sell you 1st PAT-RN clothing in exchange for your preferred cryptocurrency, but you won't find that with us - because we care about you and your financial wellbeing.

The joke being made here is that NFT's are silly, but 1st PAT-RN is decidedly not.

Produced fully in Italy, utilizing custom fabrics and years of experience working in the fashion world, 1st PAT-RN is one of our favorite and most special brands. Everything, and we do mean everything, from the fabric composition, to the cut, to the placement of pockets, is done with the wearer in mind.

Their garments ensure you're always comfortable, utilizing unusual and highly unique fabrics each season to keep you from ever being too hot or cold. The clothes fit a wide range of different body types, always looking flattering and feeling great to have on. Put simply, 1st PAT-RN make the sort of clothing you can live in.

1p - 2021-FW - Grid-Flat-49.jpg

1p - Evans Jacket - Brown Herringbone Knit Wool-Onbody-5760 x 3840-01.jpg

1p - Darya Sweater - Natural-Brown-Onbody-5760 x 3840-19.jpg

1p - Covert Pants - Navy-Military -Raddoppiato- Ripstop-Onbody-5760 x 3840-07.jpg

1p - Covert Pants - Charcoal-Blue -Raddoppiato- Ripstop-Onbody-5760 x 3840-22.jpg
That does it for today! See y'all Friday for a very very large release of knit tubes for your feet...

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was curious hows that leather on the Clinch/Black Sign? Did you get a chance to get a sample or something? Super cool boots and I'm considering it but not familiar with that particular cowhide, Is it similar to chromexcel cowhide? I'm on the fence if I'll put those dudes on or not but I really like the wildness of em.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics