• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Standard & Strange: Boots, Leather, & Denim - Official Affiliate Thread

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New week new stuff, that's how it works.
View attachment 1668053

Slim pants fans rejoice, we've gotten a full restock of Momotaro's 0306 Tight Tapered Fit jeans in indigo 15.7oz Zimbabwe cotton and 15.7oz black selvedge. Both fabrics have a ton of character, owed to the low tension weave and hairy, neppy textures.

View attachment 1668054

We've also restocked Momotaro's Heavy Dobby Coverall Jackets, in 12.5oz Black & Indigo - these are a fantastic every day jacket, complete with three roomy exterior pockets and a snazzy shawl collar, plus, as a bonus, both fabrics will fade over time with wear.

View attachment 1668052

That's all for today, but much more later this week, including Blluemade & a big drop from The Real McCoy's. Stay tuned!

Elliot posted this without even being in the shop with me.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@StrangeJeremy Sorry if I missed it, but do you know when you'll get this season's pieces from Motiv Mfg?

I haven't gotten a ship notification from them yet, but I assume it'll be soonish. They tend to ship pretty early.

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's Wednesday, which means I am at work - however, I do not see Jeremy, so I am once again posting without him being around. Sorry boss!

Today, our latest Blluemade collaboration is available! The S&S x Blluemade Garden Suits have landed in Indigo & Flax, so no more wait, and no need to pre-order anything.

blluemade - S&S x Blluemade Gardening Suit - Both-Onbody-Grid-Email-01.png

Hands down one of our best collaborations ever, we teamed up with Blluemade to create the ultimate gardening apparel - a double knee work pant with a buckle back and a lot of little pockets, and a classic relaxed chore coat with a few vintage details we couldn't leave out.

Blluemade - Blluemade x S&S Garden Suits- Grid-Flat-01.png

The suits are available as separates, so no need to get a full set if you don't want one. The fabric is a 6.6oz Belgian linen, from a carbon-neutral Belgian Mill that holds the Masters of Linen certification, and is made from long staple fibers, making it naturally wrinkle resistant and strong - it's also soft, sturdy, and never scratchy. As would be expected of a linen of this quality, it breathes and drapes extremely well too.

Blluemade - Garden Suit - New vs Elliot.jpg

Over time, the indigo will fade, just like on my set (pictured above - new on the left, ~4 months of wear on the right), while the Flax will patina much like any other undyed fabric would, by taking on color from the world around it.

Garden Suits are available online, as well as in both stores now.

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Post coming a little late today because I was climbing around the shop like some kind of rafter ghoul trying to take photos of new Indigofera Blankets (next week my pretties, patience). Mission was a success, the photos are good! So now I can tell you about what's up today.

BIG delivery in from The Real McCoy's! Two new heavy wool jackets, two-tone loopwheels, and a bunch of restocks and accessories available on the website as well. We're getting even MORE McCoy's soon too, so expect another one of these announcements in about a week. I only post spoilers upcoming deliveries here, so by reading these posts, you are more aware of our upcoming releases than anyone else.

RMC - U.S. Navy Submarine Jacket-Onbody-5760 x 3840-37.jpg

The Submarine Jacket has been a part of MY wardrobe for actual years now, so I'm very pleased we've got them in stock now. WWII-era Submarine Jackets may well be some of the rarest military garments around these days, as there were very few produced and few issued. Those that were issued have not circulated much around vintage and secondhand markets, creating an air of mystery around original submarine jackets. It's made from a super heavy double layer wool herringbone, with a fuzzy, hairy texture that will wear down over time to reveal the herringbone underneath.

RMC - Double Breasted Wool Sports Jacket-Onbody-5760 x 3840-29.jpg

Also, wool double rider jacket! Featuring an asymmetrical double-breast that zips closed, exactly like you'd find on a leather moto jacket. The wool body is a good bit warmer and easier to move around in, making it a great choice for fall and winter days that are just a bit too chilly to rock a leather jacket.

The fabric is a 100% wool broken twill - it's thick, warm, soft, and will break in quickly with wear. The trims are all Shinki Horsehide, produced exclusively for McCoy's (to their exact specifications). Inside, the jacket is lined with a light cotton twill, making it a bit easier to wear over a tee, and providing a touch more insulation.

RMC - Two Tone Loopwheels -Navy-Yellow-Orange-Black--Grid-Flat-01.jpg

I know y'all like loopwheels. Y'all know we like loopwheels! Now we've got the cool two-tone ones, including one of our favorite pieces of vintage sportswear - the After-Hooded Parka, which is like if you took a sweatshirt and added a kangaroo pocket and floating hood. Very cool!

New McCoy's is on the website and in Oakland (some will be hitting Santa Fe soon as well, if you're curious what, give us a call or email at the Santa Fe store).

Peace and blessings, happy Friday!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you recommend sizing up one on the loop wheels? The pullovers look tight in the chest and short in the sleeve going tts. Thanks!

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do you recommend sizing up one on the loop wheels? The pullovers look tight in the chest and short in the sleeve going tts. Thanks!

Yes we do - check the size tab on the product page for more details.

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am not late, no sirs, not at all. This is when I wanted to make the post today, for personal reasons. I didn't forget.

Two new Misters in the shop today, Mister Lou (Engineer Boots in Brown CXL) and Mister Freedom (Dude Rancher Shirt in Indigo x Covert Check). Dudes rock, as they say.

wesco - Mister Lou Engineer Boot - Brown CXL-Onbody-5760 x 3840-07.jpg

Wesco's Mister Lou Engineer Boots
are beloved by seasoned engineer boots aficionados as well as novices picking up their first pair, and for good reason. Comfortable, handsome, and just as bombproof as you'd expect from Wesco (very). This run comes in a rich brown Horween CXL cowhide, which, like most Horween CXL, has been something of a rarity for some time now... take note, people who don't think Chromexcel is great leather - you don't know what you've got until it's gone...

wesco - Mister Lou Engineer Boot - Brown CXL-Flat-02.jpg

On the shirt end, Mister Freedom delivers once again, with their newest Dude Rancher Western Shirt, which comes in an incredible 9oz selvedge woven plaid, combining indigo, salt & pepper, & black yarns into a highly complex covert check pattern. The rest of the details are appropriately superior as well, with painted metal snaps, and the double-elbow diamond reinforcements that take some serious skill behind a sewing machine to do right.

Mister Freedom - Dude Rancher Shirt - Indigo x Covert Check-Flat-16-Onbody-5760 x 3840-01.jpg

New stuff is in Oakland and on the website, but moving fast!

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
THERE ARE NEW BLANKETS.

LOOK AT THE BLANKETS, FROM INDIGOFERA.

THE FAMILY-OWNED NORWEGIAN FACTORY THAT PRODUCES THESE BLANKETS HAVE BEEN WEAVING QUALITY WOOL PRODUCTS SINCE 1940, BUILDING ON A LOCAL TRADITION THAT GOES BACK CENTURIES. SPINNING THE YARN, DYING AND WEAVING THE BLANKET IN ONE INTEGRATED SELF OPERATED CHAIN OF PRODUCTION. THE SHEEP GRAZE ON CLEAN, FRESH MOUNTAIN PASTURES, MAKING THEIR WOOL PURE AND ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY.

Indigofera---Tarot-XIII-Blanket-Gif-03.gif
FEATURING AN ORIGINAL BY REGULAR INDIGOFERA COLLABORATOR BJÖRN ATLDAX, THIS BLANKET DEPICTS DEATH. THE DEATH CARD IS THE 13TH OF THE MAJOR ARCANA IN MOST TRADITIONAL TAROT DECKS, IT IS OFTEN INTERPRETED TO REPRESENT MAJOR CHANGES IN ONE'S LIFE. WHEN DRAWN IN REVERSE, THE DEATH CARD REPRESENTS STAGNATION, OR THE INABILITY TO MOVE OR CHANGE ONESELF.

Indigofera---Second-Sunrise-Trees-Blanket-Gif-01.gif

THIS BLANKET IS A COLLABORATION BETWEEN INDIGOFERA AND THE EXCEPTIONAL SWEDISH STORE SECOND SUNRISE. INSPIRED BY THE MYSTERIOUS, MYSTICAL, AND SOMETIMES FRIGHTENING NATURE OF FORESTS AND THE UNKNOWN (AS WELL AS A SWEDISH CARTOON FROM THE 70S), THE TREES BLANKET DEPICTS A CROWDED FOREST BACKLIT WITH THE MANY TONES OF A SUMMER SUNSET. DUNDERKLUMPEN!

NEW BLANKETS ARE ONLINE AND IN OAKLAND AND ALSO IN SANTA FE. THEY ARE SELLING FAST THOUGH, PROBABLY BECAUSE OF HOW GOOD THEY ARE. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Real McCoy's have just sent us an unbelievable amount of heat in the form of new outerwear. I mean, just look at these things:

New McCoy Grid.jpg

Five new styles,
are all in, available in Oakland & Online (Santa Fe have 3/5 pieces, they did not stock the JH-1 or the Lot.S003J).

You can read more about all of these pieces by clicking on any of the pretty pictures or links, otherwise this post is going to be waaaay too long. Here are some cool photos:

RMC - Buco JH-1 Horsehide Leather Jacket-Onbody-5760 x 3840-25.jpg
The JH-1
was the very first Buco Motorcycle jacket, originally produced in 1947. The Real McCoy's have painstakingly recreated this iconic jacket, down to the 100% wool plaid lining.

RMC - Field Sports Jacket-Onbody-5760 x 3840-34.jpg
The Field Sports Jacket
is one hell of a daily driver. Comfortable, warm (but not too heavy), with an adjustable fit and Shinki horsehide trims.

RMC - Deerskin Down Jacket-Onbody-5760 x 3840-06.jpg
The Deerskin Down Jacket
has no business being as comfortable as it is. Plush deerskin, suede trim, and a 675 fill power French duck down filling come together to give us one of the best winter jackets ever made.

RMC - Deerskin Down Vest-Onbody-5760 x 3840-16.jpg
Wait, is he wearing a leather vest on top of a leather jacket? Yes. This is perfectly legal, and though technically advanced, we do highly recommend you try it.

RMC - Lot.S003J Denim Jacket-Onbody-5760 x 3840-14.jpg
Who doesn't love a good denim jacket? Don't answer that, I don't want to meet anyone who doesn't love a good denim jacket. This (great) denim jacket is unsanforized, so it will shrink about one full size after the first wash. They're cut large to account for this, so we suggest going true to size for the best fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads