• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Standard & Strange: Boots, Leather, & Denim - Official Affiliate Thread

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@StrangeJeremy I shared this with Neil so you may have already seen it, but I wanted everyone here to see just how awesome your staff is. Ordered a pair of Indigofera Kirk jeans and added hemming this week. I put express shipping on them on the off chance they might get here before I leave for vacation on Sunday. However I knew a hem can take up to 5 days so I wasn’t going to be upset at all if they didn’t. In fact, I didn’t mention it to anyone just figured whatever happens, happens. I got this very thoughtful email from Erin less than 24 hours later and it looks like I’ll probably get those jeans to take with me on vacay. I’m very excited, but what is most impressive is the care and thought everyone in your operation has about the customer experience. Not every place is that proactive about letting folks know what is going on and I appreciate that. It’s the human connection that really decides if I’ll keep shopping somewhere. Y’all got great products, but more importantly you have great people.
View attachment 1645367

This is exactly what we live for here!

jmiller123

Reaction score
Also wanted to chip in- I spoke to Gen through email earlier this year trying to nail down jacket sizing, and even though the piece didn't work out for me at the time (will be trying again this fall after picking up some lbs), he was very patient and helpful. One of the best customer experiences I've had!

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Also wanted to chip in- I spoke to Gen through email earlier this year trying to nail down jacket sizing, and even though the piece didn't work out for me at the time (will be trying again this fall after picking up some lbs), he was very patient and helpful. One of the best customer experiences I've had!

: one of those blessed hand emojis :

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my 1st PAT-RN set-up today - really excellent, thanks!

However, Candian customs has become much more efficient at extracting taxes and duties, and I got hit with a large bill that virtually wiped out the extra savings. I also noticed that the extra discount hadn't been taken account in the information about the value of the goods provided by S&S. I'd really like to ask that in future, the value noted for customs purposes is what the customer actually paid, not the notional value. It would reduce those extra charges a bit!

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

However, Candian customs has become much more efficient at extracting taxes and duties, and I got hit with a large bill that virtually wiped out the extra savings. I also noticed that the extra discount hadn't been taken account in the information about the value of the goods provided by S&S. I'd really like to ask that in future, the value noted for customs purposes is what the customer actually paid, not the notional value. It would reduce those extra charges a bit!

For confusing, boring technology reasons, when things get sold on sale, shipment paperwork is structured with a single discount as a separate line item. We got flooded with orders from the sale and failed to catch this. While we have no control over import taxes our customers pay --- your shipment was over-valued and it was our mistake. PM or email me your receipt for duties paid and we'll sort something out for you.

illiterate

Reaction score

Should've just been taxes + whatever brokerage fee though, right? Since 1st-pat-rn is Made in Italy, there should be no duties going into Canada.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Should've just been taxes + whatever brokerage fee though, right? Since 1st-pat-rn is Made in Italy, there should be no duties going into Canada.

I don't think COO matters when it's cross-border commerce from USA to Canada.

To understand the complexity here, in reverse, bringing a roll of denim from Japan to USA triggers a tariff; importing Naked & Famous jeans made in Canada from the same denim does not.

Either way, doing my homework here to get @FlyingMonkey taken care of.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indigofera Kirks arrived today. These wide bois are absolutely stellar
D695517C-DFB7-48CC-869C-D2749BAA17C2.jpeg
1965BC56-F479-484C-BFEE-F42F0F65D59C.jpeg
FAAA469D-BBA4-4691-AC0B-1EE33597A526.jpeg

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really loving the cap and pants from Black Sign and found myself perusing their most recent A/W releases today. Do you mind if I ask for a preview of what you‘ll stock? Hoping to be able to grab a couple pieces.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That green moleskin Copeland is ??

I'm somewhat disappointed in Indigofera though. I have an older (2019 I think) Norris shirt in beige/indigo and I loved it to pieces. I just got a red/black version in the same size and I find that the fabric is of a noticeably lighter weight, and it's an inch longer both in the sleeves and body.

I don't know why they changed those things because IMO the older version was better. I do appreciate that the cuffs aren't so tight anymore though.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That green moleskin Copeland is ??

I'm somewhat disappointed in Indigofera though. I have an older (2019 I think) Norris shirt in beige/indigo and I loved it to pieces. I just got a red/black version in the same size and I find that the fabric is of a noticeably lighter weight, and it's an inch longer both in the sleeves and body.

I don't know why they changed those things because IMO the older version was better. I do appreciate that the cuffs aren't so tight anymore though.

I don't have any record on the weight of the two respective shirts - however the indigo/beige was pre-shrunk and it looks like the red/black is raw (according to the FW20 catalog) which would account for length.

Reactions: XWT

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads