• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Standard & Strange: Boots, Leather, & Denim - Official Affiliate Thread

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said stock, dammit.

1623456697505.png

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I honestly think they're underpriced for the quality; like this linen tee shirt for $95. I picked one up for me, and I'll get one of whatever colors they come back with SS22 as well.

View attachment 1622887

That said, the Apothek Jacket + Athletic Daks trousers in scarlet linen/wool from Marling & Evans is also on my hitlist, and I'm hoping that no XL people decide to buy it before end of season.
View attachment 1622888
Thanks for this! Your thread is already working wonders, and I've just picked up one of the linen shirts and added a Black Sign mechanics cap to that order. Excited to dip my toe into both brands! And, like you, I'll be watching the XL on that Apothek jacket. It's more than I can justify spending at the moment, given recent spending, but I may be able to swing it in a month or two, or at a discount if I'm lucky enough to have it last that long (although it seems as if you're likely to snatch it up before then). Great stuff!

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread isn’t moving today, so while I’m waiting on my first S&S purchase ever I’m gonna highjack it.

@StrangeJeremy have you ever played Dungeons and Dragons and if so what’s your favorite edition?

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This thread isn’t moving today, so while I’m waiting on my first S&S purchase ever I’m gonna highjack it.

@StrangeJeremy have you ever played Dungeons and Dragons and if so what’s your favorite edition?

I have not but my son is approaching that age, so I intend to start playing with him.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know even though I live in Japan, I still find myself going back to SS website to get a better idea of new stuff coming out from JP brands and discover new ones alone the way.

For example I had no idea about North No Name and now I want one of their patches. I can't justify the price tag now but one day!

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this! Your thread is already working wonders, and I've just picked up one of the linen shirts and added a Black Sign mechanics cap to that order. Excited to dip my toe into both brands! And, like you, I'll be watching the XL on that Apothek jacket. It's more than I can justify spending at the moment, given recent spending, but I may be able to swing it in a month or two, or at a discount if I'm lucky enough to have it last that long (although it seems as if you're likely to snatch it up before then). Great stuff!
Both of these arrived and the linen tee was as good as expected--as good as the GRP linen tees which are my (more expensive) go-tos. The real surprise was the Black Sign cap, which was more of an experiment, but fits my hard-to-fit head perfectly. Based on that surprise, I've just ordered a Papa Nui hat in the same style, and also went in on more MotivMfg (one of the linen/tencel shirts) with the restocks that happened some time in the last couple of days. Thanks for your help with that shirt, by the way, which I luckily will no longer need to special order.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You know even though I live in Japan, I still find myself going back to SS website to get a better idea of new stuff coming out from JP brands and discover new ones alone the way.

For example I had no idea about North No Name and now I want one of their patches. I can't justify the price tag now but one day!

I just searched my phone for pix of the workshop area for North No Name - these aren't even chainstitched, they're painstakingly made from felt on a single-needle machine. We're allocated 2 per style every season and that is it. Each staff member is allowed to order just one. I do have a lot of pictures of us drinking / eating with NNN though...

Both of these arrived and the linen tee was as good as expected--as good as the GRP linen tees which are my (more expensive) go-tos. The real surprise was the Black Sign cap, which was more of an experiment, but fits my hard-to-fit head perfectly. Based on that surprise, I've just ordered a Papa Nui hat in the same style, and also went in on more MotivMfg (one of the linen/tencel shirts) with the restocks that happened some time in the last couple of days. Thanks for your help with that shirt, by the way, which I luckily will no longer need to special order.

Excellent! The Black Sign cap is so goddamn cool.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn if you find those pictures post em up. I rarely go to Tokyo because I find it too much but one of these days I'll head out and see if I can go check out his store.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
661A6ED9-4344-4113-B4EA-5C7B699B9551.jpeg

Damn if you find those pictures post em up. I rarely go to Tokyo because I find it too much but one of these days I'll head out and see if I can go check out his store.

Best I can do - here’s the couple who are Snow Plant and NNN.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

And I hear you on Tokyo - I used to complain about it but I have not set foot in Japan in 19 months so I’ll happily deal with getting smooshed on the Yamanote line. Hell, at this point I’d even fly into Narita willingly!

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I doubt they'll do it again but it's worth a try anyway.
Please ask them to bring this back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads