• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Standard & Strange: Boots, Leather, & Denim - Official Affiliate Thread

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Speaking of leather, whose Grizzly is a better jacket, Mister Freedom or Freenote Kenai?

I haven't had a chance to handle the Kenai myself just yet, they're all in NYC right now. Jeremy is out there now though, perhaps he can can weigh in with the NYC crew and their thoughts on the two jackets.

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I called that company once about a product I was going to order from their website and it was the worst customer service I've ever encountered. Some guy in Florida answered the phone, and instead of listening to me he was talking to somebody in person, like a friend. He then made me repeat myself and told me was busy but he would, and I quote "100% call me back, for sure." I knew it was BS, and he never did. They lost a big sale, and I don't really look at their stuff anymore.

That's wild and extremely unusual, when was this? Their office is in Southern California, they don't have any office or member of their company in Florida or anywhere near there. Truly bizarre - not to say I don't believe you, but I'm wondering if someone was having one over on you or something.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
@whipcord isn't wrong. Good luck returning an item to Freenote and having it handled quickly. I had to call to make them give me the refund and they had no clue if they even got item back (tracking showed it was delivered weeks earlier). Happened with 3 separate orders. It has turned me off from buying directly from them.

jmiller123

Reaction score
@whipcord isn't wrong. Good luck returning an item to Freenote and having it handled quickly. I had to call to make them give me the refund and they had no clue if they even got item back (tracking showed it was delivered weeks earlier). Happened with 3 separate orders. It has turned me off from buying directly from them.
I just got their riders jacket and I'm really impressed with the build and quality of it. That sucks to hear regarding the customer service- at least through S&S it'll be top notch.

Reactions: XWT

whipcord

Reaction score
That's wild and extremely unusual, when was this? Their office is in Southern California, they don't have any office or member of their company in Florida or anywhere near there. Truly bizarre - not to say I don't believe you, but I'm wondering if someone was having one over on you or something.

I think I'm probably wrong about the location because I just dialed the number on their website. But I'm not wrong about the conversation. It was horrible. Anyway, I didn't mean to derail your thread and it's certainly not anything to do with you guys.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of leather, whose Grizzly is a better jacket, Mister Freedom or Freenote Kenai?

I'm really a big Mister Freedom fan, and I love their black/blonde Baloo jacket. However... that Freenote Kenai slaps. The zipper, the horsehide, the collat... it looks incredibly good.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are y'all getting any of the Freenote restocks on Wilkes and Waxed Riders?

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello, I see you all have questions. I unfortunately lack answers to any of them, but I told Jeremy and he said he would answer them, so stay tuned!

In other exciting news, we carry Bode, and our first delivery has just hit the website! We've got five absolutely stellar pieces, all online (but only physically available in Santa Fe) for you to peruse, and trust me, they're worth perusing. As far as first deliveries go, this has been one of the very best I've seen - the weight, detail, and quality of each piece really needs to be seen and handled to be fully appreciated, but these photos aren't half bad either.

For more info, and more photos, click a link or a picture, and if you have questions that I am able to answer, I will also do that for you.

Over the weekend, we're gonna be releasing a little bit of Freenote, mostly knit restocks, and then Monday it's Yuketen. I'll be back here Wednesday, so in the mean time, I'll post some teasers too. See y'all then!

BODE
Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 9.46.16 AM.png
Bode-tableaux-new-arrivals-square-flat-01.jpg

Bode - Full send-Onbody-1.jpg Bode - Bordeaux Trellis L-S Shirt-Onbody-5.jpg Bode - Doodle Scene L-S Shirt-Onbody-24.jpg

YUKETEN (Monday, January 31st)
tableaux-yuketen-new-arrivals-square.jpg

S&S x John Lofgren Black Cat Boots
(Monday, February 7th)

tableaux - john lofgren - black cats - 2x1 header - graphics.jpg

That's all from me! See ya Wednesday for my next big post, or just whenever for like comments and stuff. Once again, Bode is now available online & in Santa Fe. Also our return policy is changing soon.

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm posting early and none of you can do anything to stop me. New McCoy's launches tomorrow (the email goes out Friday morning), except I already published it the website now and people are already buying it. I am powerless to stop them from picking out all the good sizes, so it's up to you, dear reader, to get something before it all disappears.

This is no joke one of the most impressive deliveries we've gotten from The Real McCoy's, with more "10/10 banger grails" than some brands produce in a year (not our brands though, our brands are the best).

New McCoy's is all over the place - some is in Oakland, some is in NYC, & some will arrive in Santa Fe like next week. It's all online though, and you can find it by clicking on any of the photos of links in this post.

That's all from me once again, see you when I see you, big love...etc.

Once again, new McCoy's is available on the internet and also in our stores (you can find out which store on our website, too)

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Howdy everyone, North No Name Patches have arrived, so come and get 'em while they're hot, because these don't get restocked.

For those unfamiliar, Yuu and Miei of North No Name are long-time vintage traders, with an enthusiasm for the kooky and strange ephemera cast off by the middle of the 20th century. Their patches are inspired by this weird underbelly of post-war America, and all done on a single-needle machine on felt, in their workshop above their vintage shop in Asakusa, Tokyo.

For the Fall/Winter '21 Collection, we've received 16 new and unique patches for you to peruse, with a single of each patch at each store (so 3 total inventory for each design), these will sell out quickly, so don't miss out on your favorites!

New North No Name is in at all three locations and online, but moves quickly and once it's gone, it's gone.

Zc94

Reaction score
I have some unused gift cards from last November’s promo, do they really never never really expire? ;)

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score

S&S x John Lofgren Black Cat Boots
(Monday, February 7th)

View attachment 1745140

That's all from me! See ya Wednesday for my next big post, or just whenever for like comments and stuff. Once again, Bode is now available online & in Santa Fe. Also our return policy is changing soon.

WOW, can't believe I never noticed this smh :( I have been wanting a pair of black cats (grails for me) since their first itteration, will there ever be another restock, or do I just have to pray and hope someone returns my size? @Elliot

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have some unused gift cards from last November’s promo, do they really never never really expire? ;)
NEVER! It would be illegal I'm pretty sure (but more importantly, it would just be a ****** thing to do) to have our store credit expire, so it's good forever. We can even help track down store credit on your account if you mistakenly lose the code. So never worry about using the store credit, it's always there for you (until you use it)

WOW, can't believe I never noticed this smh :( I have been wanting a pair of black cats (grails for me) since their first itteration, will there ever be another restock, or do I just have to pray and hope someone returns my size? @Elliot
What size do you need? Because it's going to be years before we get more of these, but I have a small run (singles of sizes 8-11) in Santa Fe that JUST got checked in (as I am typing this comment) and have only now touched the website. Go ahead and check our website, hopefully there's a pair in your size there now.

Also, in the future, to not miss out on drops, check our instagram, or subscribe to our mailing list! I sent out like 4 emails about the black cats, and posted on instagram about them a bunch. I'm trying my best to put the information out there lol!

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick summary of what's going on here at S&S for the next couple days:

Just Released-
Oldblue Co. x Samurai Jeans 21oz Kosoumo Selvedge
Old Blue - Old Blue x Samurai - 21oz Kosouma Selvedge (RAW)-Onbody-4.jpg

A special-edition limited collaboration, these are some seriously impressive jeans.

Coming Soon-
John Lofgren Combat Boots in Shinki Tea Core Horsebutt
john lofgren - Combat Boots - Shinki Black Horsebutt [Limited Edition]-Onbody-3.jpg

Another limited edition, these release at 9:00am Pacific Time on Friday February 18th - no restocks.

Coming Soonish-
Restocks on Wesco Natural CXL Mister Lou Engineer Boots
and 7500 Engineer Boots

wesco - Mister Lou Engineer Boots - Natural CXL-Flat-02.jpg 7500 Engineer Boot-01.jpg
Two of our favorite Engineer Boots ever are back in force! Perfect time to pick up a pair in your size.

Coming Next Friday-
Restocked Clinch Engineer Boots
in Brown Overdyed Horsebutt & Natural Horsebutt

Clinch - Engineer Boot - Natural Horsebutt-Flat-01.jpg
clinch - Engineer Boot - Brown Overdyed Horsebutt-Flat-01.jpg

Not quite a full delivery, we have enough pairs to be worth posting about.
Not every size will be available in both colors.
Available Friday, February 25th & 9:00am Pacific​

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads