• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Standard & Strange: Boots, Leather, & Denim - Official Affiliate Thread

elongatedskull

Reaction score
@elongatedskull for your own sake, buy it from a place where you can return it just in case. I didn't (bought from a japanese auction site) and I am super luck I managed to trade it for something excellent.
Absolutely! I just found the fit pics of yours it looks like it was a good fit, what did you end up trading for?

Reactions: XWT

elongatedskull

Reaction score
This is the Mobster. It fit a lot like Gen on the pictures, but I'm fatter so... also

I wanted something an inch longer in the sleeves and body, and perhaps a bit wider in the chest.

I got this Himel Wolverine :

That Himel is a real treat!

Reactions: XWT

elongatedskull

Reaction score
gE3o8yy.jpg

As penance for derailing the thread with my inquiry here is a photo of my aforementioned 001XXJ purchased from S&S! it has not faded much yet but I've washed it a few times to try and get all the shrinkage out. Really not sure about the fabric yet, it was incredibly starchy new, it crocks a lot though so seems like it'll fade fast, not sure if it beats out the Warehouse banner denim.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you very much! I feel like the 38 will probably be sufficient for me if a little loose, my other leather jacket is long and slim so it would be nice to have an opposite. I can see the 42 is flattering on you but indeed perhaps not comfortably wearable.

I also think the 38 would work for you after seeing the denim jacket pic

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Imo the best fit pics are the products shots on this page, and they make a case for a looser fit

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imo the best fit pics are the products shots on this page, and they make a case for a looser fit

They are nicer shots, agreed. However, the Real McCoy's London products shots are more style over substance, I find.

illiterate

Reaction score
Will you folks stock that new Fireman jacket(?) from Monitaly this fall? Looks pretty neat.

1630512360989.png

S&S_Elliot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone here named Wayne? Please say yes because we accidentally ordered 100 of these Wayne shirts. If I can't get all of these in the hands of someone named Wayne then Jeremy is gonna make me eat a whole bag of salt and vinegar pistachios. And I don't dislike salt and vinegar, or pistachios (in fact I love both), but for whatever reason the combination of the two upsets and terrifies me. What was I writing about?

Great news Wayne everyone! We've got a handful of new knitwear, two pieces from The Real McCoy's and a huge restock of Freenote 13oz Henleys.

First, the Military Football Tee in Wayne (Milk)

Based on US Military football jerseys from the late 19th and early 20th centuries, it features a long body with two front patch pockets, a reinforced upper yoke, shortened sleeves, and padded elbows.

After that and also from McCoy's is the USN N-1 Undershirt, available in Oatmeal.

RMC - U.S.N. N-1 Undershirt - Oatmeal -Onbody-5760 x 3840-01.jpg

The knit companion to the N-1 Deck Jacket is predictably, no slouch. This dense thermal is a 90/10 cotton/wool blend, with all the comfort of a tightly knit cotton and a shocking amount extra warmth and insulation from the wool content.

Finally, we've restocked Freenote's 13oz Henleys in 6 colors (olive drab, rust, midnight, white, natural, & faded blue).

The open-ended yarns of the fabric create a rougher, worn-in feel from the start, with a cool dry hand. Finished with a garment dye and a wash, the colors are slightly faded and desaturated by design, making these versatile and easy to pair with whatever.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone here named Wayne? Please say yes because we accidentally ordered 100 of these Wayne shirts. If I can't get all of these in the hands of someone named Wayne then Jeremy is gonna make me eat a whole bag of salt and vinegar pistachios. And I don't dislike salt and vinegar, or pistachios (in fact I love both), but for whatever reason the combination of the two upsets and terrifies me. What was I writing about?

Great news Wayne everyone! We've got a handful of new knitwear, two pieces from The Real McCoy's and a huge restock of Freenote 13oz Henleys.

First, the Military Football Tee in Wayne (Milk)

Based on US Military football jerseys from the late 19th and early 20th centuries, it features a long body with two front patch pockets, a reinforced upper yoke, shortened sleeves, and padded elbows.

After that and also from McCoy's is the USN N-1 Undershirt, available in Oatmeal.

View attachment 1661786

The knit companion to the N-1 Deck Jacket is predictably, no slouch. This dense thermal is a 90/10 cotton/wool blend, with all the comfort of a tightly knit cotton and a shocking amount extra warmth and insulation from the wool content.

Finally, we've restocked Freenote's 13oz Henleys in 6 colors (olive drab, rust, midnight, white, natural, & faded blue).

The open-ended yarns of the fabric create a rougher, worn-in feel from the start, with a cool dry hand. Finished with a garment dye and a wash, the colors are slightly faded and desaturated by design, making these versatile and easy to pair with whatever.
Thank you, Wayne

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not him but CXL doesn’t need a lot. The midsole and welt area could use sno seal in the dead of winter.

jmiller123

Reaction score
Yep, I got caught in the rain yesterday wearing my Lofgren Combats. Tons of rain spots on the leather that usually would stain, gone within an hour.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads