• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Standard & Strange: Boots, Leather, & Denim - Official Affiliate Thread

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
1629334451057.png

The Lot.001XX denim is my favorite in the McCoy's lineup currently
. These are made from The Real McCoy's flagship 14.5oz Unsanforized (shrink to fit) selvedge denim. This meticulously designed fabric is completely custom, and took two years to develop. The production required extensive research of aged fabric samples and for the fabric to be woven on a very specific set of vintage Toyoda looms that accurately reproduce the quirks of the original fabric.

Sewn up with The Real McCoy's custom 100% cotton thread, these jeans will wear and age exactly like an original pair from the 1950s. Essentially, these are the most authentic "vintage" jeans you can get without a time machine.

The fit is just as good as the fabric, with a high rise and a full, straight fit through the leg. Iron-faced Real McCoy's buttons close up the fly, while McCoy's copper rivets reinforce stress points - both will patina over time in tandem with the fabric as you wear the jeans.

1629334526654.png

The M-38 Khaki shirt - very specific repro garment that happens to be 100% wearable in any wardrobe.

1629334855915.png
1629334868286.png

The Buco Heavy Stripe Jerseys
are just that, heavy. These are a tight, 100% cotton knit, made using narrow yarns and with all the structure of a longsleeve tee - but the weight and thickness of a winter sweater. An unbrushed knit, these feel the same on the inside as they do on the outside, and are perfect layering garments for cool weather and transitional seasons.

The thick stripe pattern is straightforward to the point where I'm not sure what else to say about it, the shirt has big stripes. Cut with long tapered sleeves and a slimmer body, these jerseys have a more conforming, athletic fit, which will relax over time as the knit stretches slightly from wear. (editors note: I have one of these and I am going to get two more because they are AWESOME).

1629334879242.png

It's a loopwheel tee, but it has the BUCO logo on it. And, like all of the RMC loopwheel products, the fabric is exclusive for them.

danneskjold

Reaction score
Any idea when/if you guys are going to get the Orslow 2 105 2 year wash back in stock?

gnu

Reaction score
@StrangeJeremy looking to get a new leather. Any idea when you all may restock the Fountainhead Alpha? Really looking for something similar to the Freewheeler's Mulholland but loving the western yoke on the Fountainhead.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@StrangeJeremy looking to get a new leather. Any idea when you all may restock the Fountainhead Alpha? Really looking for something similar to the Freewheeler's Mulholland but loving the western yoke on the Fountainhead.

We have a grip of Alpha's coming for fall in all sizes. Email list is the best place to be for release announcement on those, you can also sign up for the back in stock alerts for your size / color pref.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

A 1st PAT-RN delivery has arrived here, and it's full of good ****. We view their work as the natural bridge between our more Americana focused lines and a tailored wardrobe. Cris and Silvia take their work seriously, and produce highly underrated top-tier product season over season.

eBhzVL2b9b6FT9u00PY4AcV6FGCAVpBzRwEXLI35_nxUzhWaGUwF2BbwdVWjc4J6KKaAK2WgIblifZA3JPuxCq5F7kKMx4VxAPToT_7fvZD_HJGKQ1uDIWAEuhIoVWWp5ugF7YyU6LtPNktRMWLAdevYW1OiQ2bl=s0-d-e1-ft

The Wander vest (in ivory or sage slub linen/cotton) is a piece I personally have a couple of. All of 1P's fabrics are exclusive to them, and the cotton/linen slub blend here is not exception. It's full of pockets, and fits really well.

In the same slub cotton/linen, we picked up the Carrier Jacket, which is cut to go over a blazer. I also have one of these (surprise) and it's my not-cold-enough-for-an-M65 coat.

The Anders jacket is a buggy-lined unstructured blazer. Again, I've got one from a prior season, and it's a piece I go for constantly in the fall.

Yq8g7gdohahHoSPQVCIMXx4ck-UpCnIaJV9p_jTFusdtV0DubYZS3Q_XCsAs8DMafNuRjCo_IaZf8iWRLjKYfDJg0JHFSxgbHe94BAbhMUk0MFSyBdmJ1uhde9IaMFXVfPtGVkvExblRgC9O6H4Xcysgcv1XnJrj=s0-d-e1-ft

Also in near-blazer territory is the Ridge Jacket. The fabric is a 100% cotton knit compact jersey, which features a soft hand and a remarkable amount of mechanical stretch (that's stretchiness that comes from the way the fabric is knit, not from any synthetics added to the fabric). It's most comparable to having a blazer knit from the best sweatshirt fabric you've ever felt.

H5kXDtNrNukd_9b9gFJnGEMW7-gB8oihy_zldu8MmxbVg6QpzsNmkvQtLFj0bC8RjJ-hCHKXlkrLe1V-prtTpysaCXMNpYVcWBUE-3hNxIzhibTmi9ynGxCwFeVQ4ukYBLIUy5uozZGIR4aQH4QKkyy9FrY0LRrq=s0-d-e1-ft

To go with the jackets we have the Covert easy pants in both the wool/hemp of the Anders and the compact jersey of the Ridge.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can the Blue Seal chinos be special ordered or is it more a "get 'em while they're hot" type thing?

They can be special ordered if they're in stock - which hasn't been the case for a while. We do have an order in for a full restock though.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@StrangeJeremy Some bellyachers were bellyaching about this in regards to another store, and it got me thinking. How do shipping costs impact your bottom line and how do bulk shipping discounts with UPS offset this? That is, how impactful is it that you offer free ground shipping over a certain threshold? What would be the impact if you were to promote this to fee 2-day shipping?

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@StrangeJeremy Some bellyachers were bellyaching about this in regards to another store, and it got me thinking. How do shipping costs impact your bottom line and how do bulk shipping discounts with UPS offset this? That is, how impactful is it that you offer free ground shipping over a certain threshold? What would be the impact if you were to promote this to fee 2-day shipping?

We've spent a lot of time optimizing our shipping costs and limits on free shipping to be a fair deal, and we do have excellent pricing with UPS. Given how terrible all logistics is now, and how much worse it's going to get this holiday season, spending more for a not-always-guaranteed outcome doesn't benefit anyone.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've spent a lot of time optimizing our shipping costs and limits on free shipping to be a fair deal, and we do have excellent pricing with UPS. Given how terrible all logistics is now, and how much worse it's going to get this holiday season, spending more for a not-always-guaranteed outcome doesn't benefit anyone.

Christmasgeddon II?

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Even with FedEx and UPS attempting to ramp up capacity ahead of holiday, there's still gonna be massive shortfalls again this year. You can safely assume anything ordered in November or December will be late.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even with FedEx and UPS attempting to ramp up capacity ahead of holiday, there's still gonna be massive shortfalls again this year. You can safely assume anything ordered in November or December will be late.

My father showed up for a UPS seasonal-driver cattle call. They just ran down a short description of the job and then said "see you Monday, if you want it". The scheme is that there is a certain volume of packages that have to be delivered each day. You can get to it "on your own time", but really that means out early AM until 9-10 PM. You get docked the minute you fall behind. ~$12/hour (in Texas), no benefits.

I talked him out of it, thankfully.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads