1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Standard Fair - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by standardfair-mike, Mar 17, 2018.

1. standardfair-mike

standardfair-mike Well-Known Member Affiliate Vendor

Correct. Navy is a color option as well as several other blue tones/shades.

2. standardfair-mike

For now, only standard widths are available in US Men's full sizes. Best option is to size up for a wider width.

3. standardfair-mike

Just announced our latest weekly giveaway winner to our email subscribers. One more Sport Camp giveaway before our launch on 3/27. Still time to enter before we draw/announce our final winner on 3/26. Visit our website and subscribe to emails to enter.

Here's an on-foot shot of the Sport Camp in Chestnut (sneak peek at one of our limited edition accessories included) plus a TL;DR version of the Sport Camp description from my first post.

Chestnut on Feet.jpg

• Modern, minimal upper pattern design
    • Premium full-grain Italian vegetable-tanned leather uppers
    • Fully lined with American-tanned leather from Horween Leather Co.
    • American-tanned leather laces
    • Rough-out pieces on mustache and tongue for subtle texture
    • Comfort foam insoles made in the United States; Horween Leather lined
    • Natural gum colored camp-moc outsole
    • Blake-stitch construction creates "resolable" sneaker
    • US Men's full sizes only, standard width
    • Handcrafted in Maine, USA

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018

4. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Senior Member

love the design except the "sf" stamp on the tongue part that holds the laces (don't know the name)

5. crazy_russian

crazy_russian Well-Known Member

Hello
    can u create sneakers for wide feet?:)

6. OhHello

OhHello Senior Member

Good catch. I hadn’t noticed that in the overhead shot, and I totally agree. Isn’t the tongue patch enough branding? It’s such a nice clean design, it feels like a bit of aesthetic coherence is lost by including that stamp right next to the other branding element.

7. standardfair-mike

@rusticchasm @OhHello
    Appreciate the feedback. Both branding elements are quite subtle on-foot and intentionally so.

8. standardfair-mike

More to come on this.

9. standardfair-mike

We just sent the second installment of the Meet Our Makers series to our email subscribers. It's our way of giving the Standard Fair community a look at who's behind our products. In Volume 2 of Meet Our Makers, we introduced Tina C., the Lead Pattern Engineer on the Sport Camp. Here are some highlights from our conversation with Tina:

How long have you worked in the footwear industry? What attracted you to the industry and pattern making, in particular?
    38 years :). My parents and grandparents worked in shoe factories and were always on the higher end of the income scale. I began doing the not so popular “dirty” jobs and worked my way up to stitcher, then sample stitcher, production management, pattern apprentice, and eventually lead pattern engineer.

How has the footwear industry in Maine changed over the years?
    At one time the footwear industry in Maine produced a million shoes a year. In a 5 mile radius, there were roughly 10 factories. You could leave one factory in the morning and be working in another factory in the afternoon. Now, I believe there are only 4 to 5 footwear manufacturers in the entire state.

What are your thoughts on the future of American-made footwear and apparel?
    I am optimistic. More and more vendors are searching for “Made in USA” product and manufacturing is beginning to make a comeback.

Check out our FB for a snippet of Volume 1 and subscribe to our emails for the full interviews.

10. losrockets

losrockets Distinguished Member

11. standardfair-mike

@losrockets

Thanks! Only a few more days until our Kickstarter launch on 3/27. We'll be sharing more details (pricing, sizing, etc.) on the thread soon!

12. standardfair-mike

A quick update on sizing. We just worked with our manufacturer to add US Men's half sizes to our size offering. See below for the full size chart as well as conversions. For now, we're still offering standard D widths only. For wider widths, we recommend sizing one-half size up. This should help avoid any significant length issues for those with wider widths. For those with standard widths, the Sport Camps will fit true to size.

Less than 48 hours until our Kickstarter launch and less than 24 hours before we pick our final Sport Camp giveaway winner! There's still time to enter by visiting our site and subscribing to emails.

Size Chart.JPG

13. Viral

Viral Distinguished Member

May I suggest you add a point of reference for sizing to help guide people? For example, you could take a commonly worn brand (such as Nike) and relate your sizing to its scale so that people can order the correct size with confidence.

Also - some all-suede options would be killer in the sport camp make-up

Good luck on your venture!!!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018