1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Stand up comedy

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by chronoaug, Jul 21, 2009.

1. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

I watched his special a couple weeks ago and it was really good. He may run out of material fast though. I don't know how many more sexual jokes are left to be discovered.

I saw him live a few times...me and my girlfriend always sit up front and he recognizes us everytime and busts my balls for knowing all his jokes. And spends the whole night trying to get my girlfriend to show him her panties. [​IMG]

but yeah, I first saw him about 10 years ago...and his act still uses some of the same jokes.[​IMG]

2. KPO89

KPO89 Senior member

How has no one fucking mentioned Zach Galifianakis? One of my favorite entertainment icons period, not just out of comedians.

This +1000

An improv show but well worth the watch none the less, ASSSSCAT by the Upright Citizen's Brigade is a great chemistry of castmembers. There is one Netflix Instant.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

3. blahman

blahman Senior member

Josh Thomas
    Stephen K Amos
    Bill Bailey
    Eddie Izzard
    Ross Noble

Wow not a single American on the list.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Josh Thomas Stephen K Amos Bill Bailey Eddie Izzard Ross Noble Wow not a single American on the list.
    Who are those guys?

5. blahman

blahman Senior member

Josh Thomas - Australian, gay, awkward manchild sort. Embarasssing, whimsical stories sort of comedy. Funny in some weird cute way that makes me feel a little gay.

Stephen K Amos - Brit. Saw him live couple of years ago. Bloody good time, although He recycles some of his jokes.

Ross Noble - Another Brit. Saw him live last year. Insanely funny. Quick-witted, random, quirky. Can easily do improv and it a large part of each show. One of the funniest guys I've ever seen. He spent the first 30minutes of last year's show just quoting lines from Bohemian Rhapsody in between random talks about insects and other random nonsense and it was somehow bloody hilarious. As funny as Bill Bailey I say. Maybe even more. I have a friend who also saw him last year on a different day and aparantly much of her show was completely different from mine aside from the set Avatar bits.

6. Jolina

Jolina Member

I like Gaffigan, also

7. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

Watched the fairly recent George Carlin NYC show this weekend. Still can nail the bullshit hilariously. The intro is fucking amazing,-
    'I'm a modern man....'

8. juniper

juniper Senior member

9. Wackadoodle

Wackadoodle Well-Known Member

Paul F. Tompkins
    Kyle Kinane
    Glenn Wool
    Baron Vaughn
    Maria Bamford

I saw Baron Vaughn at the Laughing Skull in ATL, didn't really know much about him going in, but I'm glad I went. Very funny, kind of weird and conceptual too if that's your thing.

10. kruze

kruze Senior member

Russell Peters because of his DDR joke, from there I was hooked.

Just watched Louis CK for the first time 2 days ago, awesome.

11. willpower

willpower Senior member

Don Rickles
    Adam Carolla
    Norm MacDonald
    Jim Gaffigan

12. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Gaffigan is pretty funny. His routines should be really annoying but the guy just deadpans so well that he sells it.

13. Augustus Medici

Augustus Medici Senior member

It's a shame that nobody's mentioned Paul Mooney. Even before he did Negrodamus, he was the genius behind Homey da Clown and wrote jokes for Richard Pryor. His standup beats everyone hands down.

14. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Just saw Al Madrigal on John oliver's show. Best newer comedian I've seen in awhile.

15. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

I am a fan of Tim Minchin, even though he's more of a musician than a comedian.

16. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

those 3 are all great, the suck a bag of dicks from louis is hilarious. ive watched hours of hedberg on youtube it never gets old. and between two ferns is awkward comedy at its best

my favorite album has got to be seinfelds "Im telling you for the last time" funny shit

but my favorite to watch are craig fergusons monologues. he cracks me up every time. very unique in my opinion.

edit: daniel tosh is also amazing

Louis CK is a f'ng riot... 1st time I watched his HBO special I missed half the jokes from laughing so hard at the previous ones.... agree w/ Tosh as well. I didn't get his schtick at 1st but he really is on the edge of irreverance and takes the "offend everyone" approach. It's great to really REALLY laugh out loud!!!! [​IMG]

17. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Just watched the new Paul F. Tompkins special. Absolutely hilarious.

18. sonick

sonick Senior member

Jim Gaffigan's new hour is awesome considering how clean the content is (as usual). $5 direct download.

19. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I've got a whole new appreciation for Godrey. I've always liked his stuff but he is great live. Went to see him tonight and because it was the only show of the evening, he went on for 2.5 hours. Jaw fucking hurts for laughing so long