• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stand alone BBBF store in SF

BABuckeye

Reaction score
There is a stand alone Black Fleece Store (by Brooks Brothers) going in on Fillmore in San Francisco. Am I the only one who does not see this as lasting very long? I have yet to see a guy on Fillmore wearing a suit jacket (2 sizes to small) paired with a matching skirt. I appreciate several nice pieces in the lineup, but I just think TB has a bizarre fascination with the Pee Wee Herman style.

Good luck, Brooks.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BABuckeye
There is a stand alone Black Fleece Store (by Brooks Brothers) going in on Fillmore in San Francisco. Am I the only one who does not see this as lasting very long? I have yet to see a guy on Fillmore wearing a suit jacket (2 sizes to small) paired with a matching skirt. I appreciate several nice pieces in the lineup, but I just think TB has a bizare fascination with the Pee Wee Herman style.

Good luck, Brooks.

An SA mentioned to me that BF is not wed to TB for the long term. Other designers may have a shot with the line after TB's contract expires.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the line is deteriorating,quality is not what it used to be. Suits are now made in the US as opposed to being made in Italy. I don't know what the deal is but I have a feeling that it is just going down the hill, I won't be surprised to see some made in China BF stuff.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the issue with US stuff?

Besides, we all know that Made in Italy just means "Made By Chinese in Italian Sweatshops."

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i thought they were transferring over to japan for some items

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
What's the issue with US stuff?

Besides, we all know that Made in Italy just means "Made By Chinese in Italian Sweatshops."

Suits were being made by Caruso,they were pretty good. I am not sure if the quality of US made suits is on par with Italy stuff ( I find it hard to believe that US made stuff is better than Caruso), I have yet to see any of the recent suits as they are not even in my local store.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
+1. The Thom Browne's stuff I've seen is made in the USA and the craftsmanship is excellent.

Are thom browne suits made in the US also?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
I think the line is deteriorating,quality is not what it used to be.

This is true. The quality for fall was noticeably poor compared to previous seasons. Their inventory issues haven't helped matters either.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Suits were being made by Caruso,they were pretty good. I am not sure if the quality of US made suits is on par with Italy stuff ( I find it hard to believe that US made stuff is better than Caruso), I have yet to see any of the recent suits as they are not even in my local store.

The quality is subpar without a doubt. I have multiple suits from each season including two from this season. Compared to previous seasons, the two from this season have fabric of lesser quality, they are not constructed as well, and they needed more work to get a decent fit. The regular price of the BF goods has been declining for a reason, the items are now made more cheaply.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are thom browne suits made in the US also?

Didn't someone mention Oxxford made suit for TB, or was I dreaming? Might be same case for BBBF?

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clee1982
Didn't someone mention Oxxford made suit for TB, or was I dreaming? Might be same case for BBBF?

I've heard Martin Greenfield.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clee1982

I think it is Southwick or BB's facility in MA or CT,I forget where it is. Not sure if Oxxford makes suits for TB but I doubt Oxxford makes stuff for BBBF.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads