1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Stacy Adams shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by PHV, Dec 9, 2004.

1. PHV

PHV Senior member

I'm almost embarrased to ask, but are these shoes total garbage? I know that everything is faux, but is the construction at least passable? I need some very negligible shoes for clubbing that look semi-decent. There's no way I'm going to wear my Santonis to a club so they get stepped on, and all sorts of stuff spilled on them.

Is Stacy Adams good for such a slop fest?

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

They're pretty much crap, I'd take a look at the Tyrwhitt Loake shoes for a cheap shoe for clubbing, at 50% off it's just $100, if you want to spend less than that, I'd even go with KC over Stacy Adams.

3. dorian

dorian Senior member

I've worn some of my EGs out for heavy drinking evenings - clubs of various sorts, et cetera. Hey, it's not as bad for them as getting caught in a torrential downpour. [​IMG]

4. Eric

Eric Senior member

I've had a pair of cardovan slip on dress shoes from SA for about a year and a half. They are starting to fall apart on me, but they have served me well considering they cost me $20. It depends on how much you spend on them.

They are starting to sqeak now, whenever I wear them and people hear them sqeaking I tell them a little tidbit I learned here: Back in the day it was fashionable to have sqeaky shoes. People eat it up.

Eric

5. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

They depress me.

6. stache

stache Senior member

Just about any garbage shoe will last longer if you coat them in mink oil, then let them sit for about ten days. The big problem is the lack of arch support.

7. kabert

kabert Senior member

I just can't get out of my head that line in a rap song from the 1980s (or was it an Eddie Murphy clip?) about a ghetto boy complaining about working or something --- "Man, I'm 'bout to walk a hole in my Stacy Adams."

The message I cavalierly took away and have held ever since -- They're shoes for aspiring drug dealers in the South Bronx or Southeast DC.

8. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

Clothes been getting you down lately? Between this and Orvis...

9. stache

stache Senior member

10. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

(johnapril @ 09 Dec. 2004, 2:32) They depress me.
    Clothes been getting you down lately? Â Between this and Orvis...
    Man, you are really sharp and incredible witty, and this is also depressing.

11. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

Huh, and I was only trying to be sharp, guess the witty was a bonus. It's just clothes, man, take it easy.

Tom

12. Eric

Eric Senior member

I have a pair of their shoes, and like them quite a bit.  I'm not a drug dealer, rapper, or very urban in dress.  But just because a certain label is considered to be "urban" shouldn't and doesn't mean I can't wear it or fit it into my personal style. I don't descriminate and love to mix up my style when it comes to clothes.

Why do people have such a need to fit into a sterotype?  Variety is the spice of life.

I don't see anything wrong with Stacy Adams and since they are low in quality (no argument there) I think they would be perfect for clubbing, or bar hopping.

Eric

13. Kaga

Kaga Senior member

Perhaps, to take a cue from ernie, in the alligator Edward Greens currently on ebay...