• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stacy Adams Brockton Original Boot

mrtef3

Reaction score
Check these out...I know they've been debated ad nauseum here, with the "nays" edging the "ayes"...but I'm just saying - interesting (especially for those of us on a budget). I'm bumming, because it doesn't appear that they come in wide widths. I really dig the tan color.

http://www.zappos.com/stacy-adams-ma...rown?zlfid=111

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very nice vintage vibe...

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrtef3
Check these out...I know they've been debated ad nauseum here, with the "nays" edging the "ayes"...but I'm just saying - interesting (especially for those of us on a budget). I'm bumming, because it doesn't appear that they come in wide widths. I really dig the tan color.

I've learned the hard way--so I'll share it with you: AVOID STACEY ADAMS SHOES LIKE YOU WOULD AVOID S.A.R.S, THE BUBONIC PLAGUE, AND THE SWINE FLU.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The tan ones are ok looking.
1282670-p-2x.jpg

If you buy a pair of these, have your cobbler immediately put some rubber TOPY's on the soles. It's the only way these will last awhile.

Too bad Allen Edmonds cancelled their Fifth Street boot.
They actually said no one pre-ordered them and look what Stacey Adams releases.
The AE Fifth Street would easily have kicked butt over the Stacey Adams model.
I'm still in mourning.

rxJ68.jpg

reidrothchild

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrtef3

These boots actually look kinda nice in black and cognac. However, given the quality of the two pairs of Stacy Adams shoes I owned in the past, I would never buy them again and would certainly not pay anything near the asking price of these. If you're on a tight budget and are looking for a pair of decent casual boots, try the Bass suede chukkas (I purchased for $60 from the Bass outlet) or JCrew's leather chukkas for around $130.

ripley_

Reaction score
Agreed that many Stacy Adams shoes have terrible quality - the leather on the normal Madison boot is paper-thin.

However, I picked up a pair of the Brockton Originals last year and I've been very happy with them so far. Much better/thicker leather on these than the usual Stacy Adams (probably why they cost nearly twice as much as the similarly-styled Madison boot).

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
Too bad Allen Edmonds cancelled their Fifth Street boot. They actually said no one pre-ordered them and look what Stacey Adams releases. The AE Fifth Street would easily have kicked butt over the Stacey Adams model. I'm still in mourning.
rxJ68.jpg

Wait for Fall 2011
devil.gif

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the Stacy Adams Brockton Original boots Goodyear welted?

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a pair so I'll answer my own question. Yes, they are Goodyear welted. Made in India and run very narrow. I'm happy with them, though. Not a bad value and I like the old school look.

unrooted

Reaction score
Any updates on the Brockton? How do they look after a year of wearing them? I'll probably just buy a pair of Wolverine 100 milers since they come on ebay for $230 on a regular basis, but I really like the look of the brockton madison.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads