Stacy Adams Brockton Original Boot

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mrtef3, Dec 31, 2010.

1. mrtef3

mrtef3 Active Member

Check these out...I know they've been debated ad nauseum here, with the "nays" edging the "ayes"...but I'm just saying - interesting (especially for those of us on a budget). I'm bumming, because it doesn't appear that they come in wide widths. I really dig the tan color.

http://www.zappos.com/stacy-adams-ma...rown?zlfid=111

2. landshark

landshark Senior member

I like them in tan as well.

3. meister

meister Senior member

Very nice vintage vibe...

4. SuitMyself

SuitMyself Senior member

Check these out...I know they've been debated ad nauseum here, with the "nays" edging the "ayes"...but I'm just saying - interesting (especially for those of us on a budget). I'm bumming, because it doesn't appear that they come in wide widths. I really dig the tan color.

I've learned the hard way--so I'll share it with you: AVOID STACEY ADAMS SHOES LIKE YOU WOULD AVOID S.A.R.S, THE BUBONIC PLAGUE, AND THE SWINE FLU.

5. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

The tan ones are ok looking.
    [​IMG]

If you buy a pair of these, have your cobbler immediately put some rubber TOPY's on the soles. It's the only way these will last awhile.

Too bad Allen Edmonds cancelled their Fifth Street boot.
    They actually said no one pre-ordered them and look what Stacey Adams releases.
    The AE Fifth Street would easily have kicked butt over the Stacey Adams model.
    I'm still in mourning.

[​IMG]

6. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

These boots actually look kinda nice in black and cognac. However, given the quality of the two pairs of Stacy Adams shoes I owned in the past, I would never buy them again and would certainly not pay anything near the asking price of these. If you're on a tight budget and are looking for a pair of decent casual boots, try the Bass suede chukkas (I purchased for $60 from the Bass outlet) or JCrew's leather chukkas for around $130.

7. ripley_

ripley_ New Member

Agreed that many Stacy Adams shoes have terrible quality - the leather on the normal Madison boot is paper-thin.

However, I picked up a pair of the Brockton Originals last year and I've been very happy with them so far. Much better/thicker leather on these than the usual Stacy Adams (probably why they cost nearly twice as much as the similarly-styled Madison boot).

8. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Affiliate Vendor

Too bad Allen Edmonds cancelled their Fifth Street boot. They actually said no one pre-ordered them and look what Stacey Adams releases. The AE Fifth Street would easily have kicked butt over the Stacey Adams model. I'm still in mourning. [​IMG]
    Wait for Fall 2011 [​IMG]

9. unrooted

unrooted Senior member

Any updates on the Brockton? How do they look after a year of wearing them? I'll probably just buy a pair of Wolverine 100 milers since they come on ebay for $230 on a regular basis, but I really like the look of the brockton madison.

10. Roguls

Roguls Senior member