• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fastlane

Reaction score
Freshly delivered from the SC's Online Configurator :)

Got to love that thing - A great tool to satisfy ones longing for a new pair of (SC) shoes in-between the Trunkshows ;)

What do you guys think?

Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-18 um 20.21.22.jpg

fastlane

Reaction score
KUD is the softest. Antilope leather with a quite nappy surface.

JAN is calf and the thickest of the lot.

BCK and HUN are also calf, but with the shortest nap.

I can only recommend the KUD - its looks AMAZING. If you are looking for a "badass" Chelsea Boot I would though choose the JAN.

Phillip made me a pretty amazing pair for my California trips with the California Bear as a monogram ;)

fastlane

Reaction score
Very nice! What was the lead time?

Thx!

It was a little bit less than 8 weeks - but Phillip told me via eMail that they are planning to reduce the time frame to 6 weeks - which is pretty awesome :)

LetsClapAlong

Reaction score
Thx!

It was a little bit less than 8 weeks - but Phillip told me via eMail that they are planning to reduce the time frame to 6 weeks - which is pretty awesome :)

It's always nice to see others not get *********** way I did.

I'll never order from them again, but I do mean this:

I hope you love and wear the ever-loving @#$@% out of them!

fastlane

Reaction score
It's always nice to see others not get *********** way I did.

I'll never order from them again, but I do mean this:

I hope you love and wear the ever-loving @#$@% out of them!

What happened??? Was it this SC of America situation I have heard about?

I am wearing the **** out of my 7th pair now - and I tell you I am the most happy mofo out there - hahaha :))))

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jared,

I’ve already addressed this directly in this thread. Feel free to DM or email me if you or anyone else have a question, in lieu of speculation.

- Z

LetsClapAlong

Reaction score
What happened??? Was it this SC of America situation I have heard about?

I am wearing the **** out of my 7th pair now - and I tell you I am the most happy mofo out there - hahaha :))))

Fantastic! They are quite stunning, indeed.

To answer your question: yes and no.

The whole story is an epic, so I'll sum it up.

I waited an insane amount of time for my shoes and along the way Philip blamed everything besides STC and everyone who isn't him. During his rants I'd catch some. . . inconsistencies, shall we say, and when I'd ask him about them he'd change the subject or stop responding.

The punctuation mark, though, was that they made the entirely wrong shoe and he wouldn't even admit that they screwed up.

**** happens, I get it. I rolled with it for as long as I could, but this went well beyond simple mishaps.

What it comes down to is that when I contacted him about all of this I expected him to be a professional and he proved himself to be a petulant child.

It's a shame too. They make some beautiful shoes.

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for the thread. Do shoes with the norvegese storm welts (270 and 360) still have the same arch support of the standard pegged waist shoes? I know the pegged waist isnt the only factor in this but more interested in experiences with the two.

Im heading to Leffot in a couple weeks to try on some test shoes and get an idea of what i want to do with my first foray into St.C (personal last). The fit I've been after for a few years now has eluded me.

Im thinking about the 507 chukka, KUD suede, possibly with a 270 norvegese welt to make it a bit more causal. The other choices rre a 403 pct boot, and 633. I LOVE the 633 with the 8mm sole and tapered waist but afraid its too formal more my mostly denim/cotton trouser or chino looks.

Appreciate any feedback

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for the thread. Do shoes with the norvegese storm welts (270 and 360) still have the same arch support of the standard pegged waist shoes? I know the pegged waist isnt the only factor in this but more interested in experiences with the two.

Im heading to Leffot in a couple weeks to try on some test shoes and get an idea of what i want to do with my first foray into St.C (personal last). The fit I've been after for a few years now has eluded me.

Im thinking about the 507 chukka, KUD suede, possibly with a 270 norvegese welt to make it a bit more causal. The other choices rre a 403 pct boot, and 633. I LOVE the 633 with the 8mm sole and tapered waist but afraid its too formal more my mostly denim/cotton trouser or chino looks.

Appreciate any feedback
Arch support is going to be same on all saintcrispin shoes & boots. You can modify whatever you like if you are getting personal last for your feet.

walker

Reaction score
Ahem, I don't like pull tabs, particular these, which are so prominent and look cheap at the same time. nvm.

Not sure, why you need an online-configurator for two pairs of black shoes with no visible extras, anyway. But then, I'm not familiar with the StC ordering system.

I like black shoes a lot. enjoy them, well done.

sforum1

Reaction score
Anyone owns a black captoe from SC? How happy are you with it? Any pics that show how it ages? I'm looking to get this one:
sc.jpg

Michael Jondral

Reaction score
Anyone owns a black captoe from SC? How happy are you with it? Any pics that show how it ages? I'm looking to get this one:
View attachment 1136785

We sell a lot of them - they are most likely the perfect dress shoes for many clients.

How the shoe ages is dependent on the leather you pic - if you like that the leather breakes in nicely, you should pick the CRUST leather. And if you want to have a "perfect" leather for many years you should opt for the VNA - Aniline Calf!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads