• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gentlemen, i have a sizing question on St. C to ask. Of course ideally, i should be fitted in person but.....

I am a UK9 in Carmina Rain, and in just about every make out there. I have a slightly high instep, and Carmina Uetam 9 is a pain for me.

I also have taken well to UK9 in Enzo Bonafe 946 and 363 lasts
As for Edward Green, I find my UK9 in 606 last to be really comfortable.

For St. C, classic last, should i go for a UK9 as well?

Thanks for your advice.

It should work but since you have high instep you may be better going with 8.5uk G width better than regular width.

Faster

Reaction score
Gentlemen, i have a sizing question on St. C to ask. Of course ideally, i should be fitted in person but.....

I am a UK9 in Carmina Rain, and in just about every make out there. I have a slightly high instep, and Carmina Uetam 9 is a pain for me.

Thanks for your advice.
Down .5 and up one width

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ Love these! Congrats.

Great choice!,,

Can you give the details on the pair? (Last, model, leathers)

Very very nice. Love how discreet they are.

Very nice jhcam8 they look lovely.

Thanks, gents.

Details from the box:

Bottom GE8 + RUB (GEB corrected to GE8 per MMM tifosi.)
Mat. BUF-BCK
Color 058

and, of course, it's a 401 on the chisel last.

I'm not sure what the codes mean - maybe Midnight suede and blackgrain of some kind.
Dress Dainite soles which I greatly prefer to the leather for my climate.
I'll see if I can find out more.

Just received this from the estimable Gabriel at Skoak:

That would be the Buffalo leather and Nubuck (slightly thinner suede, called BCK) in their code for Navy (058).

Last edited:

urban

Reaction score
@SoGent
@TtownMD
@Faster

Thanks gent.

I may have to wait to get fitted in person. Never been able to get into a UK8.5 before and my only g width shoe is kinda wide for my foot as well.

Or to take a risk with UK9 (regular width).

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Thanks, gents.

Details from the box:

Bottom GEB + RUB
Mat. BUF-BCK
Color 058

I'm not sure what the codes mean - maybe Midnight suede and blackgrain of some kind.

That would be the Buffalo leather and Nubuck (slightly thinner suede, called BCK) in their code for Navy (058).
@jhcam8 , I believe that is GE"8" for the sole code. So an 8mm thick sole + rubber. Just an FYI.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
copy that - I couldn't quite make it out on the box.
fistbump.gif
Code on my boot is GE10 (10mm thick) just for reference.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@SoGent

@TtownMD

@Faster

Thanks gent.

I may have to wait to get fitted in person. Never been able to get into a UK8.5 before and my only g width shoe is kinda wide for my foot as well.

Sale are tempting but if you are not 100% sure not the worth 1000$+ gamble just my two cent.

Last edited:

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sale are tempting but if you are not 100% sure not the worth 1000$+ gamble just my two cent.

If you can't get a fitting then it's probably not really a $1000 risk - flippability (is that a word?) should get you at least 70% back if unworn except for try on (depending on the model and color combo).

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Thanks for your advice.
@urban I don't have any Carmina experience to speak of, but EG 606 is quite comfortable for me too. I took 1/2 down for the Classic last vs. 606. UK8 for 606 and UK7.5 for Classic. I have a slightly high instep as well. For me the $1000+ risk paid off.

I would think you'd be more along the lines of a UK8.5.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you can't get a fitting then it's probably not really a $1000 risk - flippability (is that a word?) should get you at least 70% back if unworn except for try on (depending on the model and color combo).

If I am correct urban lives in NY so in that case it's not wise move just my two cent.

urban

Reaction score
If I am correct urban lives in NY so in that case it's not wise move just my two cent.

I am living in Singapore, which makes moving 2nd-hand quality shoes even more of a pain.

skywalker

Reaction score

Sorry for the delay, here are some pics of my St. C Russian leather derby after 3 wears, and a polishing with Saphir medium brown shoe crème and polish... while I call it scuffing in reality it is like the St. C. finish comes off the leather.

Despite multiple reports about this quality issue, Saint Crispin's seems to be unwilling to acknowledge that this may be an issue. Disappointed.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, gents.

Details from the box:

Bottom GE8 + RUB (GEB corrected to GE8 per MMM tifosi.)
Mat. BUF-BCK
Color 058

@jhcam8 , I believe that is GE"8" for the sole code. So an 8mm thick sole + rubber. Just an FYI.

fistbump.gif
Code on my boot is GE10 (10mm thick) just for reference.

Great posts to help explain more to people interested in the shoes but who don't know all of the codes like some of us!!!! haha. Of course Skoak is definitely a great place to ask any questions besides us guys on here!

Harrydog

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with an Alfred Sargent chukka boot. My understanding was that it was an issue with the hatch grain calf, sourced from Horween, that seemed to have trouble holding the color.

For this to happen on such a high end shoe as St. C. is unacceptable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads