• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

darkcharger

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with cyber fittings? Unfortunately, I live in Canada and STC rarely (if ever) comes here. Been wanting a pair for years now.

I did a cyber fitting.

So, basically they give you instructions how to measure your own feet and you then submit those measurements over email. Of course, they are also happy to do a video chat to help you if needed. You also submit pictures of your feet from several angles.

Once you submit your measurements, they will make a recommendation on last size and type In my case, they had to make a modified last because of the shape and width of my feet. After a few weeks, they mailed me a trial pair and I have them feedback.

After that you may request another trial pair or have them begin the commission. You can see some of the shoes I have received in previous posts in this thread.

As an added note, you can use their custom shoe tool to inform them what design you want.

For future orders, you can simply use that and select custom last if you have one.

Hope that helps.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a cyber fitting.

So, basically they give you instructions how to measure your own feet and you then submit those measurements over email. Of course, they are also happy to do a video chat to help you if needed. You also submit pictures of your feet from several angles.

Once you submit your measurements, they will make a recommendation on last size and type In my case, they had to make a modified last because of the shape and width of my feet. After a few weeks, they mailed me a trial pair and I have them feedback.

After that you may request another trial pair or have them begin the commission. You can see some of the shoes I have received in previous posts in this thread.

As an added note, you can use their custom shoe tool to inform them what design you want.

For future orders, you can simply use that and select custom last if you have one.

Hope that helps.
What’s the custom last program run these days?

nmiller08

Reaction score
529 in CRU607
Courtesy of Cavour and @kevinsvindland
Many thanks

6EEAD87E-C07C-4614-BA4A-AEE3357B39CE.jpeg

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the pleasure of visiting NYC for a Saint Crispin’s trunk show. I had the chance to meet Mr. Car himself, and he created a custom last for me. Ordered some goodies. Can’t wait until they arrive. Honestly, couldn’t have been a better experience. A shoe lover’s dream.
View attachment 1702070 View attachment 1702071

Where did this take place? What is the typical turn-around?

GrahamM

Reaction score
Can I ask about "versatility" of St. Crispin's shoes?

For some time I have lusted, really lusted, after the St. Crispin saddle derby (MOD 316):

I don't want to be a shoe collector, I want to wear them. At this price all year. I guess these would be casual yet smart enough to be pretty versatile. I'm not a suit wearer, nor predominantly denim....cords/woollen/chino trousers, mainly darker in winter but with light grey flannel, sand chinos, mid-wash denim and lighter in summer trousers generally slim fitted (not skinny!!).

Keep lusting or get sensible?

Graham

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Life is short bruh, get them i'd say.

I'd say this pair is pretty versatile and would fit into your wardrobe pretty seamlessly. Being a derby is already on the casual side so it'll work with all the trousers you listed but can also work with a suit if needed, although an oxford would be more appropriate (doubt anyone outside the SF crowd will care).

For some time I have lusted, really lusted, after the St. Crispin saddle derby (MOD 316):

I don't want to be a shoe collector, I want to wear them. At this price all year. I guess these would be casual yet smart enough to be pretty versatile. I'm not a suit wearer, nor predominantly denim....cords/woollen/chino trousers, mainly darker in winter but with light grey flannel, sand chinos, mid-wash denim and lighter in summer trousers generally slim fitted (not skinny!!).

Graham

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Graham

Sounds like your intended usage is how I wear mines. I find StC's SpTDs more versatile & looks more appropriate for cords/woollen/chino trousers in fall, winter, very early spring.

For lighter grey flannel, sand chinos, mid-wash denim and lighter colors in the summer I typically go the loafer route but these saddle derbies you like should be fine for that.

As @djdanniedee mentioned though, outside of the SF crowd no one would notice any incongruity or care.

GrahamM

Reaction score
Thanks for your time in replying everyone.

I have dark brown leather and suede boots/shoes, and burgundy, for darker winter trousers. Was thinking in terms of lighter coloured clothes in winter, Spring/summer versatility.

Graham

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your time in replying everyone.

I have dark brown leather and suede boots/shoes, and burgundy, for darker winter trousers. Was thinking in terms of lighter coloured clothes in winter, Spring/summer versatility.

Graham

Tough question.

Mostly because I think this will come down to personal preference.
I typically do not go lighter than mid-brown, if I ever do, with lighter colored trousers/flannels/etc with derbies or oxfords in the winter. As mentioned, I'd go the route of loafers or chukks which would be mid-brownish.
Mind you, I'm not doing much walking in the winter with loafers on, so that's a car day.

As mentioned, for Spring and summer, the Saddle derbies should be more than fine.

IMO, it sounds like you already have the perfect companion for those light colored winter trousers....the suede shoes and boots!

I'm thinking chocolate or mink suede if you did decide on a StC pair.

Screenshot_20220121-003430_Chrome.jpg

The suede pairs beautifully against light colored moleskin, flannels, and twills. It looks smart to casual, and if you wanted to use it in the summer you certainly could.

Incidentally (and where personal preference is entirely pertinent), I am not a fan of extreme contrasts. Consequently, my trouser of choice will not be significantly lighter in color nor will my shoes be much darker in color in relation to each other.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads