• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how about the sizing for the classic last on Mod.: 522B or 505?
Me wear EG UK8.5/9 E and JLP UK8 E here, should i be looking at UK8 F for all St Crispin shoes?
I find the classic last to fit TTS, so that would be my recommendation as a starting point

Would agree with the 8uk as a starting point. The Classic last StC's most neutral fitting last, so it's even forgiving for those with slightly higher insteps.

Drek Galloche

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
LOL. Thank you sir. I am fortunate how good they turned out.
I have never seen shell boots with the waist of the shoe pulled in so tightly. Shell always comes out more sloppy and blobby with waves of extra leather around the inner part of instep. These boots are as good as the best of calf. Superb work. Nice to see Crispin stays true to their retro-ish design language.

Biogentic

Reaction score
Would agree with the 8uk as a starting point. The Classic last StC's most neutral fitting last, so it's even forgiving for those with slightly higher insteps.
Thanks still considering getting the mod522b and price is approximately 10-20% higher than John lobb.. gonna be my first pair of st crispin.. not sure how does it compares to John lobb Phillip ii

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks still considering getting the mod522b and price is approximately 10-20% higher than John lobb.. gonna be my first pair of st crispin.. not sure how does it compares to John lobb Phillip ii

I have both in fact.

Aesthetically they aren't too far off. Both are beautiful pairs. I would prefer the StC due to its construction and sturdier build feel (arch support and pegged waist). The StC also looks slightly more modern.

I'll give the subjective opinion that the John Lobb's leather feels richer because it feels thicker. The leather also looks superior, but again that's just my opinion as I can't really verbalise or describe as to why it comes off that way.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    495.2 KB · Views: 78

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah. Do you know which of these numbers would be the last?

Unless there's been a change (my most recent StC shoe is about 4 yrs old), last isn't indicated. You have model number, leather type, color, sole type, and size. I forget what the last number is, maybe order number?

TokenMao

Reaction score

I think @BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes is correct in that the last isn't indicated. Depending on how recent the shoe is and where you're buying from, you can search up the style number and see what lasts that style "typically" comes in. FWIW I think most RTW StCs from the common retailers (skoak, cavour, MJ, etc.) are on the classic last.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think @BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes is correct in that the last isn't indicated. Depending on how recent the shoe is and where you're buying from, you can search up the style number and see what lasts that style "typically" comes in. FWIW I think most RTW StCs from the common retailers (skoak, cavour, MJ, etc.) are on the classic last.

Skoaktiebolaget also sells the Riva last. I'd guess MJ sells that last as well. I'm not sure about Cavour. They may only sell the Classic last.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless there's been a change (my most recent StC shoe is about 4 yrs old), last isn't indicated. You have model number, leather type, color, sole type, and size. I forget what the last number is, maybe order number?
I have a pair from earlier this year and you are right,, the last is only designated on the box. A lot of times you can tell by the toe shape, especially Riva vs Classic

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, responded to another post but it wouldn't be on there. Look at the toe shaped and you may be able to take am educated guess. FWIW, the Riva and Classic fit same for me. Only 2 I've tried

Biogentic

Reaction score
Thinking to get one which is the mod522b but what the lowest price u all have ever seen?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen Oxfords go on sale at Skoak, Cavour and MJ for a little over $1k

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll add that when it comes to StC they really do simplify things. Kind of easy to differentiate their lasts. The Classic is rounded. Chisel is a bit chiseled. The Riva has that pronounced toe puff. The B-chisel is really a pronounced chisel.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys, someone snapped up the pair I was looking at in B&S already anyways. If whoever grabbed the navy chelseas doesn't end up liking them shoot me a DM.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads