• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ryanluo23

Reaction score
Shrunken Leather availability? Anyone know...

1. Does anyone know if the shrunken leather is still available as a leather choice from StC?
2. I tried asking StC but they have shipped everything BUT the shrunken swatches and hasn't answered if its available or not...
3. From my research from super old SF threads, apparently there were talks that it was gonna be discontinued due to issues? But the leather is still available from some standard models from the StC site.
4. Apparently Shrunken is processed CRU and also hand painted - If so, I wonder if it will crease in a similar profile to normal CRU or less likely because it has been processed...

like with anything StC - they make it quite elusive even with Internet these days - Guess it is all part of the charm

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1. Does anyone know if the shrunken leather is still available as a leather choice from StC?
2. I tried asking StC but they have shipped everything BUT the shrunken swatches and hasn't answered if its available or not...
3. From my research from super old SF threads, apparently there were talks that it was gonna be discontinued due to issues? But the leather is still available from some standard models from the StC site.
4. Apparently Shrunken is processed CRU and also hand painted - If so, I wonder if it will crease in a similar profile to normal CRU or less likely because it has been processed...

like with anything StC - they make it quite elusive even with Internet these days - Guess it is all part of the charm
StC does have some sketchy hides haha. Why not ask Mr. Car if he can source a similar hide from Annonay or something? He's done special runs for stores in the past.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
StC does have some sketchy hides haha.

Mmmm.. That's what I'll say. Mmmm.
I'm not a fan of mystery and unknowns. You will be rolling the dice here.

Love StC. Should come as no surprise to those on here. Were I in your shoes and I wanted a quality shrunken leather, look elsewhere.

To reiterate, unless you are told specifically what tannery is providing them the leather and any details concerning the leather, look elsewhere.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

We just got some VIN (Vintage Shrunken Calf) swatches with our latest delivery. So I would guess it is available. Would be silly to send me something I cant sell.. ?‍♂️

Also some CROC and STR (Ostrich, which is available in all colors.) for the fancier lads out there.:)

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We just published a small run of these beauties online!

594A HUN 074

large-42.jpg
large-43.jpg
large-44.jpg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have real life pics of that Cognac suede? It looks just like my HUN 076 in these pics

ryanluo23

Reaction score
Right, I guess I could have used the numbers. HUN 074 is Cognac, but it looks just like the 076 or Mid-brown

that is def 074 due to the lighting

Other examples of HUN 074 and HUN 076

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that is def 074 due to the lighting

Other examples of HUN 074 and HUN 076
Thanks!

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
IMO these are the most beautiful wingtips in existence. Definitely will be my next St. C purchase whenever I get out of "soft pants all the time" covid mode. IMO these, especially on the classic last, are like a modern reinterpretation of something classic.

This is a very unique and classic StC design. The facing is distinct but still conservative. IMO the 105 is their most beautiful model across their whole range.

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a very unique and classic StC design. The facing is distinct but still conservative. IMO the 105 is their most beautiful model across their whole range.
It really is stunning. Does it also come without the medallion? Well, I guess with StC anything is possible. But have you seen it made up without the medallion, and if so what do you think of that iteration?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads